Forceclosings on original droid

khali20830

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
I JUST got the original droid because i hated the citrus. Bought it online 2 days ago. the only apps that work are the preloaded ones. if i download or upgrade apps the forceclose screen shows up EVERY time. now i dont want to send the phone back because i dont want to wait for another one so i was wondering if there was anyway to fix this. ive done the battery pull, ive reformatted my sd card, and i also did factory recorver atleast 50 times already. Should i bring it to a verizon store and see if they can fix it?

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
I JUST got the original droid because i hated the citrus. Bought it online 2 days ago. the only apps that work are the preloaded ones. if i download or upgrade apps the forceclose screen shows up EVERY time. now i dont want to send the phone back because i dont want to wait for another one so i was wondering if there was anyway to fix this. ive done the battery pull, ive reformatted my sd card, and i also did factory recorver atleast 50 times already. Should i bring it to a verizon store and see if they can fix it?

Well, if it's under warranty, why not return it? Not sure what their policy is. Is it a factory reurbished phone as I suspect it is? If you can return it, then you can show them what it does. Just because you can revert to factory, doesn't mean it's image isn't corrupted.

I would suspect it has to do with the OS, Considering the preinstalled apps work fine.

Basically the choice is pretty simple. Return it. Or... root it, and see if you can install a custom Rom. We can't make the choice for you. But if it were me, and I'm half crazy anyhow, I would root and Rom it. But that's just me. Typically, you can revert the device back to factory and then return it if it doesn't help.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87