ICS Camera Error Messages

hpilot

May 11, 2011
Visit site
I updated Sprint Nexus S 4g OTA to ICS. Now I get two error messages every time I boot up, and every time I use the camera:

-Search From Camera Error. Authentication Failed
-Permission Requested For Account XXXX@gmail.com

Any way to fix this?

Cellmeister

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
-

Sounds like you should do a FDR / Hard Reset. It a common issue after OTA Updates.

I would also check the Sprint Nexus S forum, as most owners would probably post there as well as Sprint support people

Before doing a FDR Be sure to: Be sure to back up your data, know your gmail name & pass, so that you can re-download your purchases/apps from the play store with your current credentials after you reset your device.

Hope that helps

hpilot

May 11, 2011
Visit site
-

Sounds like you should do a FDR / Hard Reset. It a common issue after OTA Updates.

I would also check the Sprint Nexus S forum, as most owners would probably post there as well as Sprint support people

Before doing a FDR Be sure to: Be sure to back up your data, know your gmail name & pass, so that you can re-download your purchases/apps from the play store with your current credentials after you reset your device.

Hope that helps

Thanks for the advice. I was hoping to avoid that as I have apps from sources other than the Play Store, but I guess I'll have to consider it. Other than that, I'm liking ICS.

Cellmeister

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
You can download Astro File Manager free @ google play
it has a free APP backup program
Back up to SD Card (ext)

Re-Install APPS after the FDR, you won't lose the APPs

CactusUnderKilt

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
This one is an easy fix. I had the same problem on my HTC EVO 3D that just received the ICS update. The search from camera error is simply Google Gogles. Clear the data in that app, open it and run through the initial setup and permissions.
Hope this helps.
Cactus.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89