factory reset before returning rooted phone for warranty?

Atomic_Monkey

Android monkey
Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Just received a replacement Thunderbolt from my insurance company, everything worked great when I activated it late at night, (did not try a phone call it was late) so I rooted it and discovered the next day the microphone was bad. Inusurance company is sending a new one and I must return this one, do I just "unroot" and take off superuser apps etc. or just do a factory reset?

jean15paul

Trusted Member
Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Just received a replacement Thunderbolt from my insurance company, everything worked great when I activated it late at night, (did not try a phone call it was late) so I rooted it and discovered the next day the microphone was bad. Inusurance company is sending a new one and I must return this one, do I just "unroot" and take off superuser apps etc. or just do a factory reset?

I would definitely recommend unrooting before returning it.

Are you running a custom ROM or are you rooted running the stock software?

From what I understand if you're running a custom ROM then it's never recommended to use the factory reset option in settings. Hopefully you made a nandroid backup before you flashed, and you can restore than and then unroot.

Although since it's an insurance replacement and not warrenty replacement, they might not care. (I'm not sure what the insurance policy is on rooting.)

Atomic_Monkey

Android monkey
Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Thx. rooted running stock right now, and I did a android immediately after rooting before adding titanium backup etc... I will unroot and uninstall some apps....

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty