Former Apple Fanboy getting a Note or S3 but have some questions

kooseman

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
Hi...I've had an iphone ever since they have been out, but with the underwhelming iphone 5 announcement I am going to get an S3 or the New Note 2. But I have some questions. I'm sorry if they seem silly or obvious, but I just want to know for sure before i cross over.

1. Do android phones have an all text SMS popup on the lock screen, so when I am at work if I get a text message i can just lock over and read the whole thing without even touching it?

2. Can you sync facebook and contacts so everyone's profile photos show up in your contacts?

3. Can you drag and drop multiple programs into one folder and if so how many fit in a folder? I like that so I can put all my son's games in one folder.

4. Can you have custom SMS text tones or do you have to use what is available? I like to create my own ringtones and text tones.

5. Does the map program talk to give turn by turn directions?

6. How is the resolution on the Note 1 and S3? I looked at an S2 last year and you could see the facebook and twitter photos all looked pixelated. Are they better now?

Thanks for your help!!!!

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
1. Dont Know if that feature is there in S3. Hopefully someone else can answer that
but i am sure it can be done with some lockscreen launcher.

2. Yes, thats how it is designed. You can customize what need to be seen too.

3. Yes, so far i have 12 app in folder. haven't tested beyond that but i believe its unlimited.

4. Yes, possible

5. Yes, One of the best navigation app in Android. Its not like the IOS navigation app(google's), its way better.
A friend of mine who uses iphone saw this app while we were going somewhere and said its very good.

6. S3 1280x720 with 306 ppi. and S2 is 480 x 800 with 207 ppi
so its way better

el_mariach

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Yes to all of the above. And on the first one there is an app called gosms. That usually does the trick. Or you can just pull down the notification bar and have immediate access to the message.

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Yes, there's a few apps and ways to get popups about texts.

Coming from iOS, for folders, you might be pleasantly surprised to find you can have the same app in multiple folders (so you could have Angry Birds in your son's "games" folder and also in yours).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non