How to record audio via bluetooth headset not phone microphone

simplejv

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
I have a Galaxy Note 2 and can't figure out how to record via my bluetooth headset not via the phone mic. Tried 20+ apps that record great via the phone mic but not via my headset.

Any ideas?

Thanks. :eek:

jcarr1

May 2, 2013
Visit site
Most Androids have a problem with BT microphone routing. This issue has been discusssed on many forums and there is no simple solution. My xperia Z , for example, will only communicate with "Voice Dialer" when using any BT microphone. There appears to be no easy way to route the audio from the BT mic to the application of my choice.

You might want to try an application called "Bluetooth Launch". This works on some Androids , but not on the xperia Z. If you find a solution which works let me know and I will be forever in your debt !

bhaskar LazyDude

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
Dude you can download the app Called-Mono Bluetooth from google play..and connect it first and start camera and start recording the audio through bluetooth while recording video.

Zorg Zumo

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
Mono Bluetooth Router doesn't work. Can't work. I've searched the Play store and I haven't found an app yet that will do the job. Gonna have to write one.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Mono Bluetooth Router doesn't work. Can't work. I've searched the Play store and I haven't found an app yet that will do the job. Gonna have to write one.
Good luck. From what I've seen, intercepting BT mic audio is locked down about as tight as the N900A. Stupid idea for an "open source" phone, but the boogie man may be listening in on your phone call.

Zorg Zumo

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
Good luck. From what I've seen, intercepting BT mic audio is locked down about as tight as the N900A. Stupid idea for an "open source" phone, but the boogie man may be listening in on your phone call.
Well I wrote one that works fine on my old Droid Bionic. But I was only interested in solving my problem - not releasing it for general consumption.

battousai21

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
there is one on the google play store that worked for my SGH-I537 running 4.4.2. since i cant post links yet but its called "Bluetooth Voice Recorder" on the play store worked for me and just came out on the play store on the 1st of march

hollyswood

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
I have an LG HBS-730 bluetooth headset (which I LOVE) and an app called "Voice Recorder" on my android phone. When I press the call answer button on the left side of the headset, it opens the S-voice app. Then I just say "record voice" and it replies, "connecting to voice recorder" and opens the Voice Recorder app.

Slim49

Jul 25, 2016
Visit site
there is one on the google play store that worked for my SGH-I537 running 4.4.2. since i cant post links yet but its called "Bluetooth Voice Recorder" on the play store worked for me and just came out on the play store on the 1st of march

Well, it records perfectly off BT.
BUT, I want to listen on my BT !
How is that accumplishe'd ?

Last edited by a moderator:

p dog

Nov 1, 2016
Visit site
i have a samsung s5 and i just installed bluetooth recorder lite and it works. there aren't any settings for changing the sound but for the basic purpose of recording from bt it works. maybe there is a pay version with higher quality recording but i didnt need it.

5e39g8c

Aug 11, 2017
Visit site
If you have an older Bluetooth Headset Easy recorder doesn't work. Older BT headsets (and many cheaper mono headsets) only connect via the Call/Phone mode and not via Media mode.

Tried almost 40 apps and the only ones that work are from single developer called "lock screen &a recorder apps". They are called sinply "voice recorder" and "audio recorder". Both are free and highly rated. Both app record directly Bluetooth Audio and both apps connect to Bluetooth directly rather than through the Android system (which is how most other apps work).

Because Ansroid doesn't show BT headset as audio source in the settings, most apps can't record audio from BT Headset that is not listed.

It seems to me the only way to tell is a recording app on the play store is going to record BT directly is to check permissions BEFORE installation. If the app doesn't ask permission to read BR ID info, you can skip that. Most recorder apps don't need permission for to read BT info.

The only thing on my wish list with the apps above I found is the apps don't offer option to force audio playback through BT. There are however 3rd party apps in play that run as service and should enable routing audio playback (not recording) through your BT headset speaker.