My phone thinks it's a day ahead

Alanna Nesbitt

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
I synced using the network setting in time and date settings but it set it to August 22nd instead of the 21st, and now when I manually change it to the 21st all of my incoming messages appear as new but when I reply to them they appear at the top of the conversation instead of in order because it says the messages I'm receiving are coming tomorrow. So unless I have a super amazing time traveling phone, I need help.

rootedVette

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
I synced using the network setting in time and date settings but it set it to August 22nd instead of the 21st, and now when I manually change it to the 21st all of my incoming messages appear as new but when I reply to them they appear at the top of the conversation instead of in order because it says the messages I'm receiving are coming tomorrow. So unless I have a super amazing time traveling phone, I need help.

You might have to manually set your time zone. I've never had much luck with pulling the time zone automatically. I'm willing to bet your time and date are correct, but just not for your zone.

Alanna Nesbitt

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
The issue is that it says on my screen that it is the proper day (it had changed to a random date in dec 2011 when I checked it this morning). So I changed it to the proper date and now all my messages that are incoming say they have been sent at the right time but a day ahead.

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site

I am confused. Today is the 22nd so it looks like the phone set the date correctly, then you (incorrectly) set it to the 21st.

Or am I reading something wrong?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
In what part of the world do you live? And in the Settings/Date & Time menu, what time zone is it reporting?

ivanhebc

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
The issue is that it says on my screen that it is the proper day
1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Your images are broken and not showing up. Can you try to repost them.

Just to clarify: The date and time on your phone is correct? But the emails you're sending show a different date/time?

DenverRalphy

Retired Network Mod
May 11, 2010
Visit site
According to your post... It is the 22nd. Unless you're in a timezone drastically different from mine (MST).

SwiftKeyed/Flowed via Tapatalk 4 Beta

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1377304488597.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1377304488597.jpg
    255.9 KB · Views: 5

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olalekan45