How to add Google Apps school email on Jelly Bean? (Resolved)

MarkMushakian

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Hi folks..

I just bought myself a used Razr Maxx, after coming from the Droid X, and the transition is going smashingly.. except for this one issue.

On my Droid X, I was able to add my CSUF (@csu.fullerton.edu) email by the following process: 1. Add existing Google account, 2. Menu button -> Browser sign-in, 3. Enter my email address and then select a Google Apps link near the bottom of the page, 4. sign in with my school info, 5. ta-dah! The problem I'm having is that I don't see a similar Google Apps link in the Jelly Bean version from step 3. I've tried a variety of combinations of signing in, without it, but I end up with failure every time. I was just receiving school emails today, on my previous phone, so I'm pretty darn sure it's just an issue with the new setup system.

I'm aware that I can set it all up through the other Email app, but I really prefer having it through Gmail. Any help is appreciated, even if it's just a nudge in an unsure direction.

EDIT: I have now successfully added my CSUF email as an existing Google account, by following these steps...

1. Add Existing Google account
2. Don't enter any info, as one normally would to register a gmail account, and instead press the Menu button and select Browser sign-in.
3. On the following screen, enter the email only and press sign in.
4. For me, here it took me to the CSUF sign-in page and I did so.
5. I actually browsed the site a bit, from there, which leads me to believe that if your sign-in is failing by all of these other steps, the missing factor may be spending enough time signed in through the browser.
6. I pushed the back button until I was greeted with the "Signing In" message.

I've done this before, and it only exited me back out to where I could enter my email and password for an existing account, so as mentioned, success might be due to spending enough time signed in for the connection to register.

Last edited:

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: How to add Google Apps school email on Jelly Bean?

Is that a POP account? If so, you can add it directly on the GMail webpage, but you'd need to know the server settings for your school account.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site

Or go to the Accounts tab in Settings and add the school account there.

MarkMushakian

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site

The school runs its email through Google, and it's fine on that end, I'm just having trouble adding it to my phone through Gmail. I used to be able to do it, on my old Gingerbread phone, but I'm here hoping to find the solution for Jelly Bean, because the steps have apparently changed.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty