Power/Lock button Sensitivity?

spattykins

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
I've hadf my kyocera rise through Virgin Mobile for a little over a year now and for the first time, I'm having an issue. My power/lock button has somehow become extremely sensitive to the point where it's a pain. I can slide my finger over the button to activate the lock/unlock sequence and after I press the button the power off option comes up. If I stick a needle under the button, it stops so I assume something is wedged in it. But No matter how often I clean it out with a needle, it continues to mess up. Any suggestions?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I've hadf my kyocera rise through Virgin Mobile for a little over a year now and for the first time, I'm having an issue. My power/lock button has somehow become extremely sensitive to the point where it's a pain. I can slide my finger over the button to activate the lock/unlock sequence and after I press the button the power off option comes up. If I stick a needle under the button, it stops so I assume something is wedged in it. But No matter how often I clean it out with a needle, it continues to mess up. Any suggestions?
Have you tried cleaning it out with an air blaster? Give that a try and see if the force of air can clear up whatever is stuck deep in there. Aside from that, you might need to take it apart and manually get to the root of the problem.

geminirock19

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
I totally just made an account so I could tell you you're the only one I've come across that's explaining the exact problem I'm having, too! My power button is so sensitive I can lock the screen by hovering my finger on the power button. No clicking required. I actually thought my phone was "short-circuiting" if that makes sense, because the screen kept going black. It wasn't until last night I discovered it only happened when I get close to the power button.
I'm going to try the air-blasting thing. It seems like something may be stuck in there causing the power button to stay pressed down.

Good luck to you!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez