I don't know what's going on with my droid incredible 2 - not charging - strange problem - help!

meloncollie1

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
Okay I bought a Droid Incredible 2 off Ebay, and I noticed the charger port was a little loose but since I didn't have a working phone to use and I finally got one that worked I didn't think much of it. One day I noticed I left it charged overnight and it didn't charge at all, in fact it was at a critical battery level and was beeping. But if I wrapped the cord around the phone and held it a certain way the battery symbol would be green with the little lightning bolt, but it didn't move like it was filling up like it usually did. So I try plugging up to three different chargers. All of them gave the same results. Eventually it stopped charging at all and just died. I plugged it up the next day and was able to use it all day, so I'm really confused, but it wouldn't charge again after that. Now when I cut it off and cut it on it says "Safe Mode". I don't know what to do, could anyone help? I've got it plugged in right now and it has the green with the lightning bolt but it's still not "filling up"...And when I unplug it, it immediately stars shutting down. I really need a phone by tomorrow because I'm going out of town, any suggestions?

I can't tell if it's the charger port or the battery.

keifusrahn

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
Okay I bought a Droid Incredible 2 off Ebay, and I noticed the charger port was a little loose but since I didn't have a working phone to use and I finally got one that worked I didn't think much of it. One day I noticed I left it charged overnight and it didn't charge at all, in fact it was at a critical battery level and was beeping. But if I wrapped the cord around the phone and held it a certain way the battery symbol would be green with the little lightning bolt, but it didn't move like it was filling up like it usually did. So I try plugging up to three different chargers. All of them gave the same results. Eventually it stopped charging at all and just died. I plugged it up the next day and was able to use it all day, so I'm really confused, but it wouldn't charge again after that. Now when I cut it off and cut it on it says "Safe Mode". I don't know what to do, could anyone help? I've got it plugged in right now and it has the green with the lightning bolt but it's still not "filling up"...And when I unplug it, it immediately stars shutting down. I really need a phone by tomorrow because I'm going out of town, any suggestions?

I can't tell if it's the charger port or the battery.

It sounds like the charger port you can get a lil light and look at the lil stick that comes out it should have six lil copper strips on it and also look for any kinda damage if it looks good it could be somthing with the firmware or the port its self. sence your kinda needing it done asap for your trip you can get somthing like this at radio shack 296029869_045.jpg you can also try asking my buddy ADDICT.ANK over at XDA at this help thread [HELP THREAD] Ask ANY Question. Noob Friendly. - Page 470 - xda-developers just head over there and post a reply and quote him in your post telling him your problem he most likly will help you figure it out just be spicific on the phone model and the issue if you quote him he will respond pretty quick oya let him know if it is rooted or not and this is how you quote
good luck :)