Bricked my phone: advice required

pbwest

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
I have an HTC Rhyme, which I wanted to upgrade to 4.0 or another ICS version. I originally tried to flash the file from HTC Dev, but the install process terminated with a "Remote not allowed" message. That was back in September.

I just had another go at it, using the GSM recovery file ClockworkMod 6.0.1.0 for the Rhyme from 4urore.net, and the Aurore-Rhyme-ICS-1.0.zip file from the same site. I also obtained cwm-supersu-v0.87.zip.

I extracted the boot.img from the rom file. I was able to flash the recovery.img. I then put the rom zipfile and the cwm-supersu zipfile in /mnt/sdcard, and flashed the boot.img file. Bad mistake.

I'm now stuck in a loop with the boot failing, and throwing me to recovery. It is supposed to allow me to install a zip fro the sdcard, either choosing update.zip, or selecting a zip from the sdcard. However, I have no update.zip on the card, and recovery ignores the zip files I placed on the card.

It seems to me that the only thing can do is to use another phone to place an update.zip file on the card, and hope that the recovery on this phone will accept and load the update.zip.

If so, what format should the update.zip file be in, and where can I get one that is likely to work?

TIA for any help.