Moving from Palm to Droid

reinbeau

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
I am going to be moving from a Garmin iQue 3600 (Palm based) to the Samsung Captivate. Is there any way for me to pull my address data from the Palm desktop to the Captivate? Export/Import, perhaps - does it work? The phone gets here tomorrow, I'll be fiddling with it once it gets here. I am techno-savvy but I've never had a Droid based phone in my hand, so I have no idea what I'm getting myself into :mad:

What I really want is to use the numbers and names from my Nokia, but I'm betting I can't do that easily.

takeshi

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
I don't use the Palm Desktop but if it can export to CSV (a very commonly supported format) then do so and import into your Google account.

What I really want is to use the numbers and names from my Nokia, but I'm betting I can't do that easily.
Hard to say. Nokia makes many many products. Some sync easily. Some don't. Again, if you can get the data to a CSV you can import the CSV.

Zorro1

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
Couple options. First you need to decide if you want to cloud or not. If you do, easy as pie via Google. They have instrux on how to export, and yes, I believe csv files, into their stuff, sync the phone and you're there.

If not, I use CompanionLink to keep the Palm Desktop app for all my contacts on my pc, and it syncs to your phone.