Battery Lowers Quickly

Moxide

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
On my Xperia SP, every 3 minutes I use my phone 1% of my battery decreases. My phone used to only lose 1% every 5 minutes, is this normal?

Posted via Android Central App

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
It's difficult to tell at this point, but if it keeps getting worse, I'd say the battery was mistreated. Overheated (left in a hot car), frozen (left in a cold car). I also recommend conditioning batteries before use. I know that some of the experts say that it's no longer necessary, but they'll never say how long "no longer" is - and I have 10 year old batteries that were properly conditioned (3 full charge cycles, 3 full discharge cycles when they were new) that are still functioning.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Let the device charge 100% then use it normally as long as possible (preferably less than 20%) and take a screen shot of the battery stats. Let's see what could be consuming battery. Some key notes about saving battery:

1. Don't set the screen brightness to Automatic. Keep it somewhere less than 50% if possible.
2. Set the screen time out to 30-seconds if that's acceptable to your use habits.
3. Check which apps are sync'ing and how often. Perhaps an app was installed that is consuming more battery than it should (battery stats should also tell us this).

By the way, welcome to the Android Central Forums! Have fun and don't hesitate to jump in and join the discussions :).