Random Images When Syncing Photos Help!

Android45

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
Hey there I have a Galaxy S4 and every time I go to sync my photos there are a ton of random pictures that I have not taken or taken screen shots of. This is really annoying and there are pictures that I definitely do not want on my phone that are showing up. The odd thing is these pictures do not show up in my actual gallery on my phone, only when I sync it to my computer. Does anyone have any fixes or advice?

Thanks.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Hey there I have a Galaxy S4 and every time I go to sync my photos there are a ton of random pictures that I have not taken or taken screen shots of. This is really annoying and there are pictures that I definitely do not want on my phone that are showing up. The odd thing is these pictures do not show up in my actual gallery on my phone, only when I sync it to my computer. Does anyone have any fixes or advice?

Thanks.

These are likely cached images on the device from Web browsing. If you enable show hidden files through the file manager on the phone the pictures should show up in a cache folder. Just delete as those are not necessary to keep on the device.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

frellingfrakker

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site

Thanks.

Use a private browser window when you visit those sites so the pictures won't get cached. Um, I've heard from friends that works. . .

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
The browser will cache pictures from ANY site. And with most phone browsers, when you're on wifi they prefetch - IOW, if there's a link on the page, the browser fetches that page and caches it, so if you press the link, it just pops up instead of your having to wait for it to download. So if you don't press the link, you could still have pictures from that link cached.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! What sort of help do you want? This is normal operation of the system. If you don't like the cached images, clear them out frequently, or browse in Incognito Mode.

Posted via Android Central App.
Please excuse any typos or autocorrect derps.

sabriinarose

Jul 9, 2015
Visit site
I am having the same issues. I see all these weird images that I've e=never seem before...when I clear the cache these still show up? Is there any other place i could find these?

I also see all my deleted images. I obviously don't want those and don't want to sync those, is there anyway to get rid of these so they don't show up when I try to sync?