Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Random Images When Syncing Photos Help!

Hey there I have a Galaxy S4 and every time I go to sync my photos there are a ton of random pictures that I have not taken or taken screen shots of. This is really annoying and there are pictures that I definitely do not want on my phone that are showing up. The odd thing is these pictures do not show up in my actual gallery on my phone, only when I sync it to my computer. Does anyone have any fixes or advice?

Thanks.

Global Posts
    9,082 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Default Re: Random Images When Syncing Photos Help!

Quote Originally Posted by Android45 View Post
    Hey there I have a Galaxy S4 and every time I go to sync my photos there are a ton of random pictures that I have not taken or taken screen shots of. This is really annoying and there are pictures that I definitely do not want on my phone that are showing up. The odd thing is these pictures do not show up in my actual gallery on my phone, only when I sync it to my computer. Does anyone have any fixes or advice?

Thanks.
    These are likely cached images on the device from Web browsing. If you enable show hidden files through the file manager on the phone the pictures should show up in a cache folder. Just delete as those are not necessary to keep on the device.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    ROM
    Thundershed 1.3, stock

Quote Originally Posted by Android45 View Post

Thanks.
    Use a private browser window when you visit those sites so the pictures won't get cached. Um, I've heard from friends that works. . .
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by frellingfrakker View Post
    Use a private browser window when you visit those sites so the pictures won't get cached. Um, I've heard from friends that works. . .
    The thing is I'm not going to those types of sites, if I were then it would kind of make sense lol.

Global Posts
    5,923 Global Posts
    ROM
    X-Note7.0.1

The browser will cache pictures from ANY site. And with most phone browsers, when you're on wifi they prefetch - IOW, if there's a link on the page, the browser fetches that page and caches it, so if you press the link, it just pops up instead of your having to wait for it to download. So if you don't press the link, you could still have pictures from that link cached.

I am getting the same issue. If some one could give some help that would be great.

Welcome to Android Central! What sort of help do you want? This is normal operation of the system. If you don't like the cached images, clear them out frequently, or browse in Incognito Mode.

Posted via Android Central App.
    Please excuse any typos or autocorrect derps.