Best screen protector

frag06

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site
I'm looking for a good screen protector.

I have a Nexus 5, but I don't want this thread to be centered around one phone. This thread is about screen protectors, and as many companies create identical products for different devices, the phone you or I have is irrelevant in this discussion.

I've been thinking of getting a tempered glass protector, such as the Spigen Glas.tR Nano Slim or Nillkin's glass.

I currently have a Zagg HD, which is OK, but I think there are better ones out there. I've been using Zagg protectors for a long time; mostly because they aren't too expensive and offer more protection and features than PET film.

I would like to hear your favorite screen protectors and the experiences you've had with them. Experiences with the aforementioned glass protectors -- or any glass protectors -- would be particularly helpful. But if there is a better film protector out there, I would like to hear about it, too.

Any help is appreciated.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
On my iPhone I used tech armor and I'm considering purchasing some for my G2

Posted via Android Central App

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I am inclined to agree with the OP about looking at tempered glass protectors. I have grown to dislike the feel of plastic protectors as I like how the glass actually feels in against my finger.

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
I never use them but I reviewed them prey extensively before ordering one for my daughters G2

When it was all said and done she chose the Flex protector and it's proven to be very nice.

Very smooth to the touch, very easy to install and reasonably priced on Amazon.

http://www.iloome.com/info/Flex

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
I never use them but I reviewed them prey extensively before ordering one for my daughters G2

When it was all said and done she chose the Flex protector and it's proven to be very nice.

Might have to look into that one. I got my phone with some minor scratches but I don't want any additional ones!

Sent from my LG G2 using Tapatalk

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Hers as well. She's gotten several minor scratches on her G2, that's why she DEMANDED a protector lol.

Htc screens seen to be much harder to scratch so I keep my One naked

blackveils

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
i always dread having to put on a screen protector, i find it impossible to get it done correctly.

then i used the O2 branded protector, and had a better experience.

but ultimately, i now have Rearth Invisible Defender, and its amazing! i didnt have any issues applying, i was shocked by how easy it was. there is one negatve thing about it, it shows lots of yucky smearing from fingerprints all over, and i always have dry hands!

here is info about it:
Rearth Invisible Defender 3 Pack Screen Protector for Motorola Moto G

Sizzers

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
You don't even need that if you keep change and keys out of that pocket.

True, but mistakes happen.

I hate screen protectors and previously I would always use a leather pouch case for my phones.

However, as I couldn't find a suitable one for my Moto G I settled on a lovely Cruzerlite gel case plus phone sock....Perfect!

Sent from my XT1032 using AC Forums mobile app

frag06

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site

http://www.iloome.com/info/Flex

Do you know how well the oleophobic coating has been holding up? I don't want to get a tempered glass screen protector that smudges easily.

The Flex looks nice and so does their original glass protector.

Right now I've been looking at iloome, Spigen, Nillkin and Tech Armor glass protectors. Spigen's Glas.tR looks great as it is so thin (.23mm), but I would prefer a 9H rating. Most 9H rated protectors are .33mm or thicker, though.

Thank you to everyone who replied.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I'm currently using Spigen crystal clear protectors with my Nexus 5 and have no issues with those. A tempered glass screen protector will he my next screen protector since I hear a lot of good things about them and want to give one a try.

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
I'm currently using Spigen crystal clear protectors with my Nexus 5 and have no issues with those. A tempered glass screen protector will he my next screen protector since I hear a lot of good things about them and want to give one a try.

Spigen was my absolute favorite but the film itself scratches. The flex is proving to be much better

frag06

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site
I went ahead and bought Nillkin's tempered glass screen protector. I've been using it for a few days and so far, it has been great.

Installation wasn't very hard; no harder than any other glass screen protector. No bubbles that I can see.

The oleophobic coating is way better than the coating on the Nexus 5's screen. Fingerprints don't seem to build up and my finger glides smoothly across the screen.

Touch responsiveness is just as good with the protector installed.

Clarity is great. Much better than with the Zagg HD I previously had installed; it really doesn't look like you are using a screen protector.

It has a 9H hardness rating and also comes with a cover for your camera lens cover, which is useful if your lens isn't protected by sapphire glass.

Nillkin makes this protector for quite a lot of phones. The average price seems to be about $15 if bought directly from Amazon; mine was $15.

It is definitely worth the $15, and I recommend taking a look at it if you're in the market for a good tempered glass screen protector. My old Zagg HD was $20 and it isn't nearly as good as the Nillkin.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Last edited:

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Haven't found oleophobic works on ANY protector tempered glass or otherwise. Seems this is another "They can send a man to the moon but they can't make a smudge-proof screen protector."

I have the Nillkin and aside from the fingerprints issue, I love it.

frag06

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site
Haven't found oleophobic works on ANY protector tempered glass or otherwise. Seems this is another "They can send a man to the moon but they can't make a smudge-proof screen protector."

I have the Nillkin and aside from the fingerprints issue, I love it.
Really?

I've found the oleophobic coating to be pretty good. Much better than my N5's coating. Although, the N5's coating is subpar, IMO. With the Nillkin protector, it seems inline with what you should get from a flagship phone.

It may eventually wear down, however. But as of now, I don't have to wipe it down all of the time. I didn't really have to wipe my N5's screen that often either, but it sure built up fingerprints more than it does with the Nillkin.

The Nillkin also seems to have a slicker surface. But this could be due to it being new.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non