I am having some issues with the search options on my phone, can anyone help me?

happyalibaba

Sep 8, 2014
Visit site
question on "search"

hello,

while i am loving google launcher, the ok google stuff, i noticed that google search is not able to search apps in the phone as good as ios dose. For example, in ios, i simple type "bay" and any app that contains "bay" will pop up (i was try to search ebay app). On the other hand, in google search, i type "bay" only the apps begin with "bay" will pop up (ebay wouldn't pop up uless i type "eb").

Any suggestion that i can make app search as good as ios?

i use note 3

thanks!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: question on "search"

Welcome to Android Central! It looks like Search will find an app as long as you're typing the beginning of any word in that title (e.g., for the Family Guy app, it will come up if I start typing "Fam..." or "Gu..."). But it won't find the app if you type a fragment of the title that is within a word (e.g., it won't find Family Guy if I type "amily"). Personally, I don't find this to be a problem, because I am typically not going to be searching for a middle fragment of a word.

raptir

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
Re: question on "search"

It doesn't change the behavior of the Google Search app, but Nova Launcher has a built-in App search that will find apps based on fragments.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87