Why am I getting an Insufficient Storage error when Internal Storage has more than enough free space?

A

AC Question

"Insufficient Storage" error when Internal Storage has more than enough free space.

I can't figure this one out. According to my Storage app under Settings, my phone's Internal Storage has over 2 GB of free space available, but when I try to install an app, even a fairly small one(5-6MB for example), it gives me an Insufficient Storage error.
I click "Install" on the play store, and the download bar fills up, and for just a second or so it says "Installing..." before the error pops up. Is there anyway to fix this? Because it looks like I have more than enough space to install these apps, but I still receive an error. I have a Micro SD card in the phone, but the 2GB I mentioned earlier is Internal storage, not on the SD card, so I wouldn't think that would make a difference either way.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: "Insufficient Storage" error when Internal Storage has more than enough free space.

It depends on how the phone is partitioned (which depends on which phone it is). Some phones are partitioned into app storage and data storage, and the 2GB free that you see is a combination of both. So if you have 1.999GB of free data storage and 1MB of free app storage, you can't install any apps. That would be an unusual usage, but it can happen. (Or the installer may be unzipping the app into data storage space, and you don't have enough of that free.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress