What does it mean when I am notified We have detected a new Mobile Number on this phone..?

A

AC Question

What does it mean when I am notified "We have detected a new Mobile Number on this phone..."

Backup Assistant + Contacts Client just notified me that "We have detected a new Mobile Number on this phone. Press next to sync your contacts with account XXX-XXX-XXXX (<-my phone number) or press skip to exit this application."

What does this mean?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: What does it mean when I am notified "We have detected a new Mobile Number on this phone..."

Welcome to Android Central! Is that Verizon Backup Assistant? Do you use it, or do you sync all of your contacts with Google instead? If you have no need for it, I'd ignore it and ideally disable it if possible (although I recall that Verizon doesn't let you disable that app).

On my old Razr Maxx, I found that if I ever opened Backup Assistant, it would start the whole process, and keep bugging me afterwards. The only way to shut it up was to go to Settings>Apps>All, select Backup Assistant, and Clear Cache/Clear Data, then Force Stop, and never try to open it again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laralynn88