Is It Possible To Restrict Mobile Data Usage to Certain Apps?

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Hello George, which kind of apps you want to restrict access to mobile data? With apps that include heavy sync the best way is using their own settings (photos, Play Store, news readers, etc). You can also restrict background data in your settings - data usage.

GeorgeX18

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site
so I basically dont want mobile data to be used by any app or anything including weather updates gmail updates application updates and stuff like that I want it to be used by app i Currently use you know what I mean?

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Then your best choice is what I said before. Go to settings - data usage - three dots top right - restrict background data. This will apply globally. You can also do that individually selecting any app on that list.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
so I basically dont want mobile data to be used by any app or anything including weather updates gmail updates application updates and stuff like that I want it to be used by app i Currently use you know what I mean?

This Google support page will help you to control your mobile data and understand how "restrict background data" works.

https://support.google.com/nexus/answer/2819524?hl=en

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo