Galaxy Note 4 keeps shutting off/rebooting

debbiedeb99

Mar 20, 2016
Visit site
Hi I hope someone here can help. My At&T Galaxy Note 4 has been having issues. It either completely shuts off or reboots multiple times a day. Very frustrating when I go to use my phone and it has been off for who knows how long. When it shuts off I cannot restart it with the power button. I have to pull the battery. It will also reboot just randomly throughout the day. The fix-it store thought it was the battery and sold me a new one but that has not solved the issue. I have cleared the app cache, wiped the cache partition and done a factory reset. I have also ran it in safe mode and it still did the same thing. No software updates needed. I don't have any third-party apps. Phone is well taken care of and never gotten wet. Of course it is out of warranty by 2 months. Can anyone help?

AT&T Galaxy Note 4
Samsung-SM-N910A

1977bds

Feb 25, 2016
Visit site
mine done the same thing and i ended up having to do a hard reset which fixed it but you lose all stuff youve put on it where it resets it to like a new phone unless you hook it up to a computer and save everything through samsung kies at kies.com unless you already haVE EVERYTHING ON YOUR SD CARD just look up hard reset on youtubefor the note 4

hamsterwheel

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
Mine is doing the exact same thing. Terrible lag, freezing and restarts. Going to do a reset to see if it helps. Guy at Samsung at Best Buy thinks it's software, I'm not convinced but we shall see.
Oh and it just started happening a week ago, like out of the blue.

Question - difference between factory resetting from the settings menu to doing a reset by shutting down and doing the 2 button thing?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana