Brightness Widget turned screen black, can't see anything!

Shake4x

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I live in Japan and recently bought the Galapagos 005SH, I downloaded a brightness widget off the market place and pressed it a couple of times to toggle the brightness when SUDDENLY the screen went off on my phone and now I can't see anything.

I just bought this phone and don't know what to do... Am I gonna have to do a factory reset??? I've tried turning the phone on and off and can feel it do the standard vibrate thing as it turns on but still no screen light.... AAAAHH Someone please help me, new to android and new to smart phones

- Shake4x

Shake4x

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Not sure, I just bought it and I've plugged in the phone my computer to see if anything happens and it doesn't (USB mount option does not come up, but this could just be because of the brightness issue)

I was pushing on the touch screen and then dropped the phone on the couch and SOMEHOW the shutdown screen came on and I thought Halleluja but then it went off again : (

I think when I downloaded this app I saw a review where a user mentioned that he wished it had a panic option for when the screen goes black, but since he didn't sound angry and rated the app highly this must mean there is a way to get it out of the brightness=0 mode.

Can't remember the name of the app but does anyone have any advice?? Freaking out here...!!!!

Shake4x

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
By factory reset, does that mean send it back to the maker for them to reset it? Or is there a way to do that manually?

BTW, I was thinking, this phone has an HDMI outlet, perhaps if I connected it to an HDMI TV and turned the brightness widget off...?

ls377

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
By factory reset, does that mean send it back to the maker for them to reset it? Or is there a way to do that manually?

BTW, I was thinking, this phone has an HDMI outlet, perhaps if I connected it to an HDMI TV and turned the brightness widget off...?

Not a bad idea, give that a try. You might have to manually enable it from the phone though.

Factory reset is manual. I don't know the procedure for that phone, but there might be something in the paperwork you have. You can try calling them up and asking too.

Shake4x

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
FIXED

FIXED! I took out the battery and then re-put it in, the droid started up normal! It was still a little tricky at first because whenever I didn't touch the screen for 15 sec it would go to "default brightness" and then turn completely black without a way to turn it back to normal unless I did another battery pull.

So, long story short: Battery pull made the phone start up on a high brightness level which gave me time to uninstall that brightness app. THANK GOODNESS!

ls377, thanks for your help and support throughout this, really appreciate it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sam_274