How do I turn the phone OFF as I only want to use it every few months?

A

AC Question

i haven't used the phone for 3 days and find that 70% of the battery charge has been used. I need to turn the phone off completely for several days as I keep it purely for emergencies. How do I do this?

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
You or someone else is paying for the service... you may as well keep it on and just charge the phone as needed. Emergencies can go both ways.

anon(632115)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
You or someone else is paying for the service... you may as well keep it on and just charge the phone as needed. Emergencies can go both ways.
You are quite correct. My mother kept her phone off and would switch it on in the event of an emergency. I asked her "What if I had an emergency and couldn't contact you because your phone was switched off?" Needless to say it is now permanently on. The other issue is getting flooded with updates if a device has been switched off for a while

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
The phone will discharge the battery in 6 months or less - WHEN IT'S TURNED OFF. (Actually the battery will - lithium batteries self-discharge, and the "did anyone touch the button" circuit also uses power.) If the battery is removable, have her remove it when the hone isn't in use. Replace it every few months and make sure the charge is around 50% - not much higher.

My Motorola V551 is almost 12 years old, original battery, and still works like new. (It's checked the first of every month.)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo