Power buttom problem with Nexus 1 and Gingerbread

zuzusnaps

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I am having a problem with the power button on my nexus 1 since updating OTA to gingerbread. The power button doesn't always wake my phone up to unlock the keypad. I have to press multiple times to try to wake it up.

Is it possible that the button is broken or not making contact?
I would like to try rolling back to Froyo to see if that corrects the problem as it just started doing this when I updated to Gingerbread.

I also did a hard reset last night and wiped out all of my personal data (after backing it up) and that didn't seem to help.

Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Z

nexus_1_guy

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
I've been having the same exact issues with my Nexus one and haven't been able to get any help from HTC at all. They tried to tell me that it was a physical issue with the power button but I find that really hard to believe considering that it started right after my gingerbread update. I also noticed that sometimes when I try to activate the screen with the power button only the lights on the bottom of the device light up such as the home key, back button, search button and options button. Either way I've also performed a hard reset but nothing has worked. Anyway HTC has been no help. They tell me that the warranty is up by 2 weeks and that they can't help me but think I should be able to send it in to "get fixed" for about $100! What BS. All I want to do is roll back to Froyo and get my phone working again. Does anyone else have any similar problems or know who to email at google about this? I think that this has got to be a more widespread problem than what is being said. I just hope that someone sends an update out soon to get it fixed.