So many apps lag

pew030

Aug 16, 2016
Visit site
So i downloaded an apk file game from google on my (HTC desire 728G dual sim) and it worked fine but then i realized my phone lagged so i deleted it, but then my phone kept lagging, and after it stopped lagging some apps not all of them (facebook, messenger, instagram, manga rock) they just lag after 5 seconds after i open them and they turn my phone off sometimes, also when i download new apps they lag too, i know i messed up but please help me and please try to explain in an easy way cause I'm not smart, i have tried everything restarting uninstalling deleting cache or data nothing works!! Please help

anon(9983233)

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
Amazing world we live in.. and you're smart, just that technogy is moving faster than most of us can keep up. As with any new toy we want the latest and best things (apps) that go with this device just so we are on top of our game and in contact with all those things we enjoy.

But there's a down side to wanting all these apps and addons.. and you're suffering with this issue now. Several apps could be running in the back ground and all of these might be updating all at once. I'm not sure you're suffering with "lag" per-say, but a lag type appearance.

As a firm believer in Opera max, this app can shut down apps not in use and reused the apps data usage. I feel your issues is more towards ads associated with many of those apps that are constantly running when you least expect it. This is the price one pays for download any said app.. hidden clause.

Organize your priorities and allow only those apps running and only when you need them to run. Opera max will help you select which apps needs to stay on and which need to be shut down and activated again only when needed.

However and depending on your smaty, I'd check to see how much ram is on the phone as well as if you have a MicroSD card installed.. This all boils down to limitied your apps and being a bit more selective with where you download these apps. Not all apps are fool proof.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I looked up the specs and it looks like the 728G has 1.5GB of memory (the 728 non-G has 2 GB), which is getting to be on the low side of things by today's standards. As apps are updated with more features and to accommodate more versions of Android, they will require more and more memory usage. Android is designed to use most of its memory, which is a good thing. I suspect your problem is simply too much memory is being demanded.

If you have 1.5 GB of memory, but all the apps are wanting to use 2GB, then that's 500MB with no place to go. So what Android will do is close currently unused apps to be able to run the others. But eventually those closed apps will need to do something, so Android closes other apps and restarts those needing to be active again. This all happens in the background, but does require more processor usage. Because of this additional overhead on the processor, there's less performance available to do the things you are actively working on and things slow down.

Just as a side note, don't be fooled by memory optimizers that claim to reduce lag and free up memory. In effect, they cause a similar issue by artificially closing apps that are then restarted by Android. This results in more lag and battery drain.

pew030

Aug 16, 2016
Visit site
I'm so sorry but as i said I'm not so smart in these kind of things, if that's really my problem can you tell me what to do step by step, cause seriously I've had enough with that ****ty phone

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
It depends on how much you use the phone. The first thing I'd suggest is to uninstall any apps you don't need. Also try disabling (or uninstall if it's an option) any factory or carrier installed apps that you don't need. These two steps will stop unwanted apps from being initialized in the background.

Not having used that phone specifically, I can only give a generic set of directions. Go into your main phone settings, often accessed by swiping the notification bar down and tapping a gear icon. From there, look for a setting labeled "application manager." That will show you every app installed. Find the apps you don't want and tap each one. In each app setting, you should see an option to disable and/or uninstall.

While you're in there, you can try clearing app cache. If your storage is getting full (possible at only 16 GB total storage), that can sometimes cause some lag. Deleting old pictures you no longer want, old text messages, and anything else you don't want can help if this is part of the problem. Text messages especially can take up a lot of hidden space if you don't regularly delete them. Your messaging app may have an auto delete option, only keeping a set number of messages.

There's also the option of deleting the system cache, but you'll need to look up the directions for this as it can be different for every phone. If you want to go with the nuclear option, you can try a full factory reset, but then you're starting from scratch. Yes a reset can help, but I usually leave it as a last resort because it may not even fix the problem depending on your usage.

pew030

Aug 16, 2016
Visit site
I'm sorry that I'm annoying you but here lemme tell you what i did,
I disabled so many unwanted apps, i deleted some apps too i actually use all my apps but i just wanna get over with this problem, my storage isn't full at all only 9 GB is used of 16 and most of the used storage is from the system, i deleted so many cache and photos and messages, BTW i move all my photos and music on my SD card if you wanna know, i did all that and guess what nothing changed, thanks for trying to help you're a very patient person to deal with someone like me, I'd appreciate if you continue helping. (Maybe I'll try the factory reset i was going to do it anyway but oh i can't find where to do that)

ManiacJoe

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
Is it possible that the lag you are seeing is just a slow internet connection?
Do you get the same lag using WiFi as well as mobile data?

pew030

Aug 16, 2016
Visit site
No i don't as i said before some apps work just fine and some others (facebook, Instagram, messenger, manga rock) these just shut down after seconds they don't work after at all i tried reinstalling and everything nothing.

pew030

Aug 16, 2016
Visit site
Oh my god mooncatt your advices worked they did after a while and now the apps work very well thank you so much i owe you my life thanks ❤

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699