Adoptive storage keeps failing

chrrissss

May 29, 2015
Visit site
Had the phone format sd card as adoptive storage, works for a while then but as some apps install to internal storage which in turn gets full and then adoptive storage
no longer works,
no option to move apps over to sd card
cannot download or install anything as phone is always seen as full

Is there anything that can be done to get it working again apart from resetting phone

Thanks

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Adoptive storage keeps falling

Welcome to Android Central! Which phone? What brand is the SD card, and what class is it? Have you tried other cards as well (preferably ones bought from reliable online sellers or from a well-established bricks and mortar store, since there are plenty of counterfeit and low-quality cards out there)?

chrrissss

May 29, 2015
Visit site
It's an Alcatel pop 4 phone , I can't remember the make of the card but it was was of the main brands and is one of the new faster ones.
The issue seems to be that some apps install on the internal storage and some on the card which eventually fills the capacity of the phone which in turn makes the adoptive storage unusable and pointless

I guess I've answered my own question!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
That's strange, because since the SD card should be incorporated into the system's internal storage, it shouldn't matter where apps are installed. Are you getting Insufficient Storage errors when trying to install apps, even though you have plenty of space left on the SD?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamthechuckster