Note 5 keeps loosing carrier service.

roach_779

Jan 4, 2017
Visit site
My Note 5 keeps loosing carrier service. I bought an ATT Note 5 to use on Telus (Canada). I didn't have any issues for several months, but then it started loosing service after a whole day of use. I know telus is fine because wife's phone is fine.

I did the following: I started uninstalling apps to see if it's app related problem, but still have the problem. I did a factory data reset and installed everything, but still have the problem. I did alt+volume up+power and wipe data reset and wipe cache partition, installed no apps other than email apps and it lasted two days, then problem happened again (still with just email apps installed). After data wipe, it seems to get worst by the day. Connection are lost more and more frequent.

What gets me is it worked fine for the first two months, then problem. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Hi! I'm so sorry that this is happening to you! My suggestion is to contact Telus and explain the problem. Maybe they can reset your connection.

roach_779

Jan 4, 2017
Visit site
Hey Thanks! I was a bit skeptical asking them and even more skeptical with their suggestion of replacing sim card since it's only 3 months old, but it work. :)