Music Beta... Issues...

Cyrilmak

Androidoholic
Nov 7, 2010
Visit site
Anyone else having issues with some of your mp3 files not uploading due to the upload app saying "no music in file"?

These are mp3 files with zero DRM. This is really starting to irk me. Amazon's Cloud Drive has no issues like this....

craigf#AC

May 30, 2010
Visit site
Yep.

About 5% of our ~18,000 files weren't uploaded because of this, and I can see no rhyme or reason, let alone a pattern, as to what might be wrong with those files. I mean, they play fine. Moreover, in nearly all cases, it's only a couple of songs from an album, with the rest of the tracks from that album uploading OK. So I'm stumped.

Help us, Google...you're our only hope!

Mrwirez

Feb 1, 2010
Visit site
Irk?... YOU BET! Google Music Beta is more like Alpha. My Music Beta web player will not do ANYTHING. It worked fine until yesterday. I have tried it in Firefox, IE8 &9, Chrome, and Sundial. It just sits there. I can log in and out , but can't play Anything... WTF?

craigf#AC

May 30, 2010
Visit site
About 5% of our ~18,000 files weren't uploaded because of this, and I can see no rhyme or reason, let alone a pattern, as to what might be wrong with those files. I mean, they play fine. Moreover, in nearly all cases, it's only a couple of songs from an album, with the rest of the tracks from that album uploading OK. So I'm stumped.

Help us, Google...you're our only hope!

I got this response from Google support:

Thank you for your note. We're aware of an issue causing the troubleshooter to incorrectly display 'No music in file' and are working on a fix.

Though the troubleshooter is showing a 'No music in file' message, please double check your Music Beta library to verify whether or not these songs were actually added. If you're encountering this known issue with the troubleshooter, your songs will have successfully been added regardless of the error message shown by the troubleshooter.

If this is not the case, log files would help us investigate further. Your log files can be found at the following location:

Windows XP
C:\Documents and Settings\<account name>\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\MusicManager\MusicManager.log

Vista/Win7
C:\Users\<account name>\AppData\Local\Google\MusicManager\MusicManager.log

Mac
~/Library/Logs/MusicManager/AndroidMusicHelper.log

Once you have your files, please send them as attachments in a reply to this email. I appreciate your assistance.​

Hope that helps someone. For me, it's not terribly helpful as I've uninstalled Music Beta from my phone...just cannot handle a 26MB memory loss since the app can't be moved to the SD card.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non