iPad + Android = iPed?

Kyle Gibb

May 17, 2010
Visit site
iPad could be coming to Verizon, which is awesome. But I am not one to waste money on cheap chinese ripoff products. Why give money to these guys when they are stealing Apple's (and many, many others') patents and designs?

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Because it runs Android? Is most likely highly hackable? doesn't have Apple's stiffarm in your bum?

rjf111

Feb 18, 2010
Visit site
...But I am not one to waste money on cheap chinese ripoff products. Why give money to these guys when they are stealing Apple's (and many, many others') patents and designs?

1. Because you don't know that it is "cheap" -- if it's really the same factory, it's probably built on a parallel production line copying the same equipment and procedures.

2. Because some people can't stand Apple's smug attitude and rip-off pricing and would buy it to spite them.

Gmaxxx

May 5, 2010
Visit site
^^^^^^^^^^^^^
@ Rjf111 I Agree strongly with both comments. Even if it isn't made out of titanium steel (Which both are not btw) $120- dollars isn't a big deal if you're looking for an Tablet that can have 5x's, if not more, functionality than it's competitor.

Bad thing is that most the Ebayers selling them DO NOT accept returns. So if it is buggy or just simply terrible, you're out $120-. I'd take an android based tablet over the Ipad any day of the week!

Kyle Gibb

May 17, 2010
Visit site
1. Because you don't know that it is "cheap" -- if it's really the same factory, it's probably built on a parallel production line copying the same equipment and procedures.

2. Because some people can't stand Apple's smug attitude and rip-off pricing and would buy it to spite them.

Just because you don't like Apple (or any company for that matter) doesn't mean you should support others stealing their IP's and patents. Apple has poured money into designing the iPad for YEARS, its not fair for someone else to come in and just copy what they did. I would much rather buy something on the line of the Dell Streak.

As for quality, even if they are made on the same line it doesnt mean they use the same components.

ItnStln

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
Are the iPads all that they're hyped up to be? I'm just wndering because I'm considering getting one to put all of my college books on, if that's possible.

ryobi43

Dec 13, 2009
Visit site
Looks like any other "off brand" product. I cant see Apple not knowing about this since it is being made at the same manufacturing plant. They probably licenced it to this company to be sold as a generic.

AndroidDuncan

Jul 26, 2010
Visit site
I've checked into some of these chinese clones and am hesitant to buy something without recourse should it fail to work. Not saying I won't, but without some kind of warranty or return policy, it seems risky to me.