Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree39Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Are there any neutral people on here?

I seriously am disgusted by the bias by so many members on here, for example they think its funny if apple hires ex google maps employees.WTF!?!? How is that funny it's just business. Next all of them sayer iPhone is ,have they actually used an Apple product before? Then they go on saying how you can't add more storage to the iPad or change anything about it WTF it's a tablet not a bloody desktop.

[Moderator edit.]

/end rant.
    Last edited by Patrick Schroedl; 02-27-2013 at 06:37 PM.
    Thanked by 2:
    dopestarRy 
    Ry likes this.

Default Re: Are there any neutral people on here?

Umm..this IS and ANDROID forum..just sayin'

Sent from my AWESOME Note 2

And people are allowed their opinions about any company.

Thanked by 2:
    Slender Troll likes this.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Kearns View Post
    Umm..this IS and ANDROID forum..just sayin'

I never noticed people on Mac rumours hating on android but you see it here everyday.hating apple I mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Chetan Takyar View Post
    I never noticed people on Mac rumours hating on android but you see it here everyday.hating apple I mean.
    Well if slumming it with the tacky, low class Droid people just ain't yo thang..

Maybe you should visit AT&T Fan page on FB, they trash Android every day.

metz65 likes this.

When someone is asking me about which phone they should get, I consider their knowledge of computers before answering them.
    If they are not very computer literate, I tell them to get an iphone.
    The only comment I've ever made on a forum about iphone is;
    iphone = sheep
    Android = wolves.

As far as neutral people around here, this thread, that you posted in, seems neutral.
    The unthinkable
    Samsung Galaxy S3 4gLTE
    Thanked by:
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Well if slumming it with the tacky, low class Droid people just ain't yo thang..

Maybe you should visit AT&T Fan page on FB, they trash Android every day.

Oh come on I never said that.... all I said is that I don't like biased I love android but I also love iOS.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Quote Originally Posted by AxlMyk View Post
    When someone is asking me about which phone they should get, I consider their knowledge of computers before answering them.
    If they are not very computer literate, I tell them to get an iphone.
    The only comment I've ever made on a forum about iphone is;
    iphone = sheep
    Android = wolves.

As far as neutral people around here, this thread, that you posted in, seems neutral.
    The unthinkable
    Lol I dont think the OP is as he so far seems to be refusing the iPhone for his parents...

Oh come on I never said that.... all I said is that I don't like biased I love android but I also love iOS.
    Oh but yes you did say that, without using those words. You've complained in at least 3 threads about it.

The OP and anyone has the right to be as biased as they want to be or not be biased, that's the point.

10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Oh but yes you did say that, without using those words. You've complained in at least 3 threads about it.

The OP and anyone has the right to be as biased as they want to be or not be biased, that's the point.

Fair enough I wont complain about people being biased people do have opinions and I should respect them.
    Kelly Kearns likes this.

I try to be as unbiased & as objective as I can.

I try to have at least 1 of every currently relevant OS out there to be as neutral as possible...
    from the past 2 years I currently own:
    -Nexus 4
    -Galaxy Nexus
    -Galaxy S3
    -Evo Design 4G
    -iPhone 5
    -iPhone 4S
    -iPhone 4
    -Blackberry 9360
    -Lumia 610
    And this year plan to get a new WP8, iPhone 5S, BB Z10 & 2 Androids (likely the GS4 & Nexus 5)

...but I don't think it's possible for anyone to be 100% neutral.

IMO each person has an OS that suits them best & currently for me that's Android but I'm open to everything out there.
    Ry

Global Posts
    7,202 Global Posts

I seriously am disgusted by the bias by so many members on here, for example they think its funny if apple hires ex google maps employees.WTF!?!? How is that funny it's just business. Next all of them sayer iPhone is ,have they actually used an Apple product before? Then they go on saying how you can't add more storage to the iPad or change anything about it WTF it's a tablet not a bloody desktop.

[Moderator edit.]

/end rant.
    Stick around. You'll find a good number of level-headed, big-picture folks around here that can appreciate what other OSes have done or are doing. The fanboys will become clear to you.
    Last edited by Patrick Schroedl; 02-27-2013 at 06:38 PM.
    a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo
    Motorola Moto X (164.55.2.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola Moto G (173.44.20.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KOT49H, KitKat 4.4.2)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
    Alex_Hong likes this.

Global Posts
    81 Global Posts

Your really got a point but first of all, this is a Android Forum after all, what do you expect then? But well, we got to be fair at all times.. We got to recognize the situation, people have their own opinions.
    One Click Root is the Best Rooting Software For Your Android Device
    Thanked by 2:
    CR6h0ruza#AC 
    CR6 and Kelly Kearns like this.

You make a valid point but this constant undertone of apple bashing doesn't come out of thin air. There are plenty of apple fans who seek out android forums and blogs looking to spice their life up with a rant and a poke at the bee hive.
    I seen it all over and I often think what kind of person does that for kicks?

I guess brand loyalty turns into a hatefest Far too easily for some. It gets me down as well so I comment on Google + where it's not free from haters but people are a lot more neutral in their discussions.
    Thanked by:
    Slender Troll likes this.

[Moderator edit.]

/end rant.
    Try posting reasonable comments on AppleInsider about Android then get back to us. I used to love Apple but without Steve Jobs they're losing their juice.

I try to stay neutral where possible, it's simply now anything Apple is so "tainted" for me.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    Last edited by Patrick Schroedl; 02-27-2013 at 06:39 PM.
    Thanked by 2:
    geekymcfly likes this.
    Ry

Global Posts
    7,202 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by srmojuze View Post
    Try posting reasonable comments on AppleInsider about Android then get back to us. I used to love Apple but without Steve Jobs they're losing their juice.

I try to stay neutral where possible, it's simply now anything Apple is so "tainted" for me.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    So if they do it, Android people get a pass to do it too? Meh.

What they say is irrelevant.
    Last edited by Ry; 02-28-2013 at 11:14 PM.
    a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo
    Motorola Moto X (164.55.2.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola Moto G (173.44.20.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KOT49H, KitKat 4.4.2)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
    Darth Spock likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by AxlMyk View Post
    When someone is asking me about which phone they should get...
    iphone = mom jeans
    Android = sexified

The unthinkable
    Fixed.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

People here will say that I'm pretty biased against Apple and they're right I have been but I'm slowly trying to fix that to become more neutral. Dig deep into my past posts and you'll find I actually recommended the iPhone to a few people based on what they want/need.

The potential for people to be unbiased and fair is there, but you're always gonna have the trolls on either side when it comes to any industry. It's up to you whether or not you listen to these people.

Discussing an operating system's users' opinions of the users of another operating system is a valid point of discussion, but let's be sure to refrain from posting demeaning comments about other users and their opinions.

Pat
    Thanked by:
    Ry 
    Ry likes this.

If there are any, they are few and far between.

Sent from my Jelly Bean flavored HTC DROID DNA

Global Posts
    1,100 Global Posts
    ROM
    JEDI MASTER

Im neutral here, actually more of a lurker and learner. I did the same thing at CrackBerry forums for almost five years.
    I am constantly amazed by all the genius information people discover about the android os and our devices with sooo many manufacturers and bootlooaders and roms and widgets
    The #094xxxxxx number to dial as well as radio editing for LTE/wcdma changing etc take me back to seem editing on the Motorola V3s was the big thing then the rom cooking on Windows Mobike 5, 6, 6.1 and 6.5

I thank all the developers for unleashing the true power of our devices

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Android Central Forums
    so little to learn and so much time - wait.....reverse that.....
    Thanked by:
    stevovr likes this.

they think its funny if apple hires ex google maps employees.WTF!?!? How is that funny it's just business.
    The neutral people got a chuckle out of the irony.

Last edited by whip it good; 03-03-2013 at 08:47 AM. Reason: 3/3
    Thanked by:
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #23  

Quote Originally Posted by siczek.p View Post
    Fixed.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    You are joking on a neutral thread right? right?

Apple? Psh.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    5,735 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

I am not sure it's biased to believe one is currently better than the other. For me neutrality is about understanding both sides, the pro's and con's of each, and being able to make a recommendation based on specs, software and ecosystem (total package user experience) as well as the philosophical differences between the approaches each company takes in interaction with their peers and their customers. Based on that, or whatever criteria the poster feel relevant, I think that as long as you give each point of view a fair consideration, it is still ok to make a judgement about which device, OS, etc. is best for whatever particular situation.

For example, at present for the nerd community, I feel that since ICS 4.0 Android is years ahead of Apple in terms of hardware, software and ecosystem and that Google's philosophical approach is vastly superior to their counterpart. For these reasons I have a hard time recommending Apple products to any nerds.

For the everyday average user, 99% of what they need their device to do will be performed flawlessly by an iPhone, a Razr, a Galaxy, a Nexus, etc, etc. For every day people, it's much easier to recommend Apple products because the end user experience is much more similar and subjective in their eyes, and it's just as much about image and design queues as functionality to them.

I don't consider myself Android biased, despite the fact I think they're leading currently. I personally dislike some of Apple's philosophy and practices, but that doesn't impact the quality of their tech, only my willingness to purchase it should they catch up in the quality of their tech.

Am I wrong? Is this a tainted paradigm or the result of critical observation? Do I make that call or does someone interpreting my post?
    Thanked by 2:
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast