Should Google make Chrome OS for phones and tablets?

nube_android

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I know it sounds like a stupid idea at first, but think about it. Complete cloud based OS for phones and tablets, and it would likely be smoother than android with HTML5 apps, not the sluggish java language. (Although HTML5 includes javascript). The web can do almost 90 percent of what most users do, if the developers program for it. They could even redo the OS and learn from their update and fragmentation mistakes with android, too. Anyway, most of what I said can be heavily debated, but this, in my opinion, is what Google will do someday anyway and I think it's a great idea.

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I'll just leave this here?

Oh, and I think it's a great idea.

Attachments

• Chrome OS home 1.png
    Chrome OS home 1.png
    760.7 KB · Views: 31
  • Chrome OS home 2.png
    Chrome OS home 2.png
    778.1 KB · Views: 29

bclinger#IM

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
No. Many times I use my devices in non-internet areas and frankly what goes when your internet connection craps out? It happens at the most inconvenient times.

Another thing, what if your internet connection is not very good, think of the time lost loading the application. Bad idea all the way around.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

lpt2569

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
So that wasn't sarcasm and you like the idea. Why specifically?

Nope. Wasn't sarcasm. I just love the look of Chrome OS, and I also think Google should move toward unifying its mobile and desktop OS (kind of like how Apple is incorporating iOS features in OS X).

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Maybe have it as an option if/when you dock your device.

What exactly are the advantages over the tablet layout of Android, though?

Seems to take a lot of horsepower to run ChromeOS smoothly.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
ChromeOS and Android need to merge.

And Google needs to resurrect Motorola's WebTop project.

Verttex

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
I like the differences between the two. My C7 chromebook does not feel like an android device and I don't think should be. I use android on my phone and Chrome OS on my C7. Also, without internet on my C7, it is basically a paperweight.