Geek Squad users - have questions about the service

Danno2510

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys! First off, my apologies if this isn't in the right spot. This is my first post here. Anyway I need some help from those of you who use geek squad insurance for your device and have had experiences with them replacing your device. Here's the story:

Two weeks ago today, I took my LG Optimus G in and they are replacing it. Thing is I had the phone up for trade with two potential people, but both of them backed out because it took too long to get my replacement. My phone should arrive at the store today and I will go pick it up. My beef is, I hadn't gotten a single email since I took the device in and had to manually check my status to find any update. It just shipped a few days ago. If i had at least had an update a week ago I could have gotten my trade, but because I had no info at all, best buy kinda screwed me over out of the device I had wanted.

So my main question is, have any of you had success with getting a different device through your geek squad replacement? If i speak to a manager, do you think I have a valid argument for possibly getting a different device? Any info would be helpful. Thanks guys

Last edited by a moderator:

Farish

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys! First off, my apologies if this isn't in the right spot. This is my first post here. Anyway I need some help from those of you who use geek squad insurance for your device and have had experiences with them replacing your device. Here's the story:

Two weeks ago today, I took my LG Optimus G in and they are replacing it. Thing is I had the phone up for trade with two potential people, but both of them backed out because it took too long to get my replacement. My phone should arrive at the store today and I will go pick it up. My beef is, I hadn't gotten a single email since I took the device in and had to manually check my status to find any update. It just shipped a few days ago. If i had at least had an update a week ago I could have gotten my trade, but because I had no info at all, best buy kinda screwed me over out of the device I had wanted.

So my main question is, have any of you had success with getting a different device through your geek squad replacement? If i speak to a manager, do you think I have a valid argument for possibly getting a different device? Any info would be helpful. Thanks guys

The only time I have ever heard of them giving you a different device is when these conditions happen.

First, the device you are getting repair is unrepairable.
Then, they have no replacement stock of your unrepairable device.

I highly doubt they are going even consider that since repaired your device which is what they are obligated to do.
Also how are you going to spin this.

Sorry I couldn't trade the device while you had it in your possession to repair. So you should give me a different model.
You probably have better success just trying to trade your repaired device again.

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
DISCLAIMER: It has been a couple years since I last had the Best Buy/Geek Squad warranty. I now have Square Trade as I didn't purchase at Best Buy.

When I last had the Geek Squad coverage, they would send your device out and if it is ruled unrepairable, they will give you in store credit for the full retail price your device was when you purchased it that can only be used on a phone. As far as getting them to swap it for a different device because you missed a trade? No chance they will go for that. Like 0%

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87