Which news app do you recommend?

mvasquez009

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
Heyyy. So I've recently been looking for a good solid news app out there for all my tech and entertainment news.. I've tried feedly which I didn't really care for and Google currents, but just wondering if there were any others out there that I'm missing?

Thanks!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app

MERCDROID

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Flipboard all the way. I used to use Reuter's app, but (from the last time I checked), they hadn't updated it since circa 2011.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Mobile Nations mobile app

zorak950

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I really like News360. So many news apps now have giant pictures and videos and nonsense; I prefer a nice simple feed of headlines that I can get more on if I choose rather than having to sift through all that multimedia for stories I don't even care about. It has awesome feed customization options, or works great out of the box, and since it gives multiple sources for each story you can read whatever spin you prefer. It also has impressive algorithms for learning the types of stories and sources you like through simple usage.

The UI isn't always super intuitive, but you pick it up easily enough. The bottom line is it's about the stories, whereas most apps these days seem to be more about presentation. You may love it or hate it, but it's worth trying.

I do recommend checking "Prefer list view" in the settings straight away; it changes the feel of the app immensely. In the default display mode it looks like a poor imitation of apps like Flipboard and Pulse.

thatotherdude24

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I've always been a fan of NBC news. I really like the breaking news updates although I'm positive it's not the only app to offer breaking news updates.

For tech news it gives me the basics. For in depth stuff I use The Verge.

Sent from my M470BSA using Tapatalk 4

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
In particular, what didn't you like about Feedly? It's pretty good once all setup to your liking.

Pulse and Flipboard are other great apps.

kenorian

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Flipboard all the way. I used to use Reuter's app, but (from the last time I checked), they hadn't updated it since circa 2011.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Mobile Nations mobile app

Do a search for Thomson Reuters

Posted via the Android Central App