Does simple mobile data a 4g lte?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I'm sorry, but I still don't quite understand your question. Are you asking if all mobile data is 4G LTE? Or are you referring to some wireless provider called "Simple," and wondering if they have 4G LTE?

4G means 4th Generation (as opposed to 3G, which is 3rd Generation), and provides mobile data with download speeds anywhere from 5 MBPS to 30-40 MBPS, depending on the network. LTE means "Long Term Evolution," and has become a standard technology for most 4G networks (although HSPA+, or High Speed Packet Access, is another technology that is considered 4G).

Most networks provide some form of 4G, although if 4G reception is spotty in some areas, then it falls back on 3G, which is significantly slower. I'm not aware of any major wireless provider in the US that only provides 3G. There are some phones that can only access 3G networks, though, like the iPhone 4S.

febzz

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
No, even though it's already listed on this webpage: SIMPLE Mobile - 4G LTE and on their Facebook and Twitter, as of today, the LTE network is still not up and running.

Usually it would take about 1-2 months for them to roll out the upgrades on their plans/networks.

grydlok

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
No, even though it's already listed on this webpage: SIMPLE Mobile - 4G LTE and on their Facebook and Twitter, as of today, the LTE network is still not up and running.

Usually it would take about 1-2 months for them to roll out the upgrades on their plans/networks.

Simple Mobile is a T-Mobile MVNO where ever T-mo has service Simple mobile does. minus roaming. Added that since Tracfon bought them they now can use ATT and an MVVO.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty