Moto X or Maxx?

JY91

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
I'm about to upgrade and have heard nothing but great things about both the X and the Maxx. I would be getting a 32gb X so the only differences I have seen is the .3" in screen size and the battery. Is it worth the extra $100 for the maxx? Are there any other major differences that I am not noticing? I am coming from an iphone 4s with laggy iOS 7 and small screen so I am looking to ditch the iphones. Thanks for your input.

Last edited by a moderator:

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
Re: Moto x or Maxx?

The X is far more comfortable to hold and handle. How well it feels to hold in comparison to other phones really can't be underestimated.

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site

The X is far more comfortable to hold and handle. How well it feels to hold in comparison to other phones really can't be underestimated.

Just spent time in the Verizon store playing around with both and with all other aspects being the same save for battery size, the Moto X is a joy to use.

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site

I'm about to upgrade and have heard nothing but great things about both the X and the Maxx. I would be getting a 32gb X so the only differences I have seen is the .3" in screen size and the battery. Is it worth the extra $100 for the maxx? Are there any other major differences that I am not noticing? I am coming from an iphone 4s with laggy iOS 7 and small screen so I am looking to ditch the iphones. Thanks for your input.

I think the Moto X will be better coming from an iPhone. Prompt updates from Manufacturer, nice design and form factor and a lot of accessory support compared to the Droid Maxx.

Posted via VZW Moto X on the Android Central App

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site

Thanks everyone. How is the battery life on the X?

Amazingly good. All day battery life for sure. If you want to go more than one day no charging you might be hard pressed unless you are a light user.

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site

Honestly haven't figured out a time when I'd need a phone with battery like the Maxx. In all my years of owning smartphones I've never been in a situation where I didn't have a charger *knock on wood*

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Jay Sacks

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
The Droid Maxx is the better phone...imo. I bought one for my wife and she loves it. It has a better quality feel and don't forget the wireless charging. The Tylt charger is perfect. There are plenty of accessories. You won't need a case, the phone is a case and you will not ever need to worry about running out of battery.

Sent from my GT-P6210 using Tapatalk

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
The Droid Maxx is the better phone...imo. I bought one for my wife and she loves it. It has a better quality feel and don't forget the wireless charging. The Tylt charger is perfect. There are plenty of accessories. You won't need a case, the phone is a case and you will not ever need to worry about running out of battery.

Sent from my GT-P6210 using Tapatalk

The Maxx is not hand friendly as the Moto X though. And it does not have the accessory support (plenty of first party cases from Motorola and 1,000s of third party cases and such.). I almost got the Maxx for my upgrade but its very hard to use one handed because I have smaller hands. The Moto X is also better on updates. Battery life while not two days worth will without a doubt get you through a day with plenty to spare.

mhans311

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
I would opt for the Maxx. Battery life is one of the most important things to me. I used to have a charger with me wherever I went. Then a couple years ago I bought the Razr Maxx and it was amazing how nice it was to never have to worry about my phone dying. No matter how hard I used the phone it would last at least a day. Now I have the Note 2 and I will never go back to a smaller battery.

But if battery life doesn't matter to you I would probably choose the X.

Noted via tapatalk

Last edited:

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
I would opt for the Maxx. Battery life is one of the most important things to me. I used to have a charger with me wherever I went. Then a couple years ago I bought the Razr Maxx and it was amazing how nice it was to never have to worry about my phone dying. No matter how hard I used the phone it would last at least a day. Now I have the Note 2 and I will never go back to a smaller battery.

But if battery life doesn't matter to you I would probably choose the X.

Noted via tapatalk

You act like the Moto X battery is bad, read the forums Moto X gets great battery life because the software and hardware optimization. It lasts all day no problem. I think this mainly comes down to what size form factor and how fast he wants updates to his device.

mhans311

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
You act like the Moto X battery is bad, read the forums Moto X gets great battery life because the software and hardware optimization. It lasts all day no problem. I think this mainly comes down to what size form factor and how fast he wants updates to his device.

I didn't mean to make it sound like the moto x battery is bad. I know it is better than average. But the Maxx basically has all of the same hardware/software optimizations and a mondo battery. So the battery on the Maxx is definitely better. But the moto x is much better looking. Just depends on what you need.

Noted via tapatalk

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site

I agree with you on the form factor being probably the only real difference to consider between the two, aside from price. Personally, I'd go with the Moto X due to form factor.

Let us know what you decide on, OP.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Just got my Moto X with Otterbox for 320 from Craigslist. Liking it so far.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

JY91

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
I went and played with both in the nearby store and the X was pretty comfortable in the hand however the on-screen buttons made the screen seem smaller and I really liked the screen size of the maxx

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Nice deal. I should get an otterbox.

Thanks! I used the defender throughout the day today but I took it off when I got home. I likely won't use it again.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non