Best app for copying and streaming large video files from PC/Mac to HTC One M8 and vice versa?

superstardeejay

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

I'm kind of new to Android, so please excuse my ignorance.

I'm looking for an app that will make it EASY for me to connect my phone to my Mac and my Win7 PC, via my Wi-Fi connection. I've tried doing it with the ES File Explorer, but it seems way too complicated. I think I'm supposed to do something with LAN, plus there are other users connected to the same Wi-Fi and I would not want them to see my device on it, if possible.

So basically I'm looking for a more intuitive and user-friendly app that will allow me to transfer files back and forth and also to stream movie files (avi, mp4, etc..).
I"m pretty sure at least one of the following apps would be exactly what I need, but I'm not sure which one is the best:
AirDroid, TeamViewer, Pushbullet, AirStream, Plex.. I'm sure there are more out there that I don't know about, my question is which one is the best one and works with both OSX and Win7 computers?

superstardeejay

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site
Thanks, I use Dropbox to transfer stuff between my Mac and PC, so it's constantly full of files. I'm kind of afraid to install Dropbox on my phone now, because once i do, all those files will start copying on my phone's memory and i definitely don't want any of them there. Is there a way to install Dropbox on my phone and before it starts doing anything, to set-up a dedicated folder for my phone only, so that nothing from the other folders in my Dropbox account gets ends up taking up the phone's memory?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member