Play Store Ordering Issues

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys, I received some errors while trying to place an order for a Chromecast, and it looks like Google may not have ironed out all the online ordering issues yet. Whether or not they're wide-reaching, let's keep discussion of it in here.

anon(5857193)

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
First two attempts failed after clicking the 'Buy' button. Third attempt went through without any issue. I'm really looking forward to getting mine!

Good OL MC

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Ordered mine about 15 minutes ago. First time I tried it came up with a "coming soon" error but waited five minutes and all as well. I'm eager to try this out.

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I ordered mine within 2 or 3 minutes of the page going live, and my order shows it will ship by August 7. Sucks that people ordering later than me are getting earlier ship by dates. And yes, I know what "ship by" means. I just want more of a guarantee.

ottscay

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
FWIW I ordered almost right away and have a confirmed ship by date of July 27th. If it works as advertised I'll be picking up two more this fall.

fabiosan

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Thanks! I just ordered 2 from Amazon, and now trying to cancel my Google Play Store order. With Amazon I still had to pay tax, but don't have to pay shipping with my Prime membership.

I ordered two through Google Play and another one through Amazon Prime. Let's see who wins the race.

Ryandroid86

May 1, 2012
Visit site
I hit the buy button twice. and it kept saying error. Checked my Gmail. no confirmations. So I did it a third time. No errors... So I went to gmail and it showed I ordered three of them.
If you want to check. Go to https://play.google.com/store/devices and click on the gear in the top right. then click orders and see if you have more then one. I had to cancel two of them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa