Ordered through Amazon...where's my Netflix promo?

j_grouchy

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
I ordered my Chromecast through Amazon the day it was announced, got it yesterday...but I haven't seen anything about the three-month Netflix deal. Anyone know what gives? I ordered it well before the deal expired.

russell5

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Same here but according to Amazon could take up to 5 days from ship date to receive it.

From the chromecast page on Amazon.
Netflix Promotion No Longer Available
Please note that the Netflix promotional offer (which was available in limited supply) has now ended. Customers who ordered their Chromecast prior to 5:31 PM PST on July 24, 2013 will receive a Netflix gift code via email within 5 days of their product's ship date.

j_grouchy

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
Same here but according to Amazon could take up to 5 days from ship date to receive it.

From the chromecast page on Amazon.
Netflix Promotion No Longer Available
Please note that the Netflix promotional offer (which was available in limited supply) has now ended. Customers who ordered their Chromecast prior to 5:31 PM PST on July 24, 2013 will receive a Netflix gift code via email within 5 days of their product's ship date.

Ah. Cool...thanks. I didn't see that note. Hope it's true, since that's half the reason for buying it - making it an $11 wireless HDMI instead of a $35 one!

corymcnutt

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I ordered through Google Play, and received an email 2-3 days after with my code in the email, I just had to click on redeem, took me to Netflix site, and click again on redeem, and I was taken to a screen that told me my account was credited for $23.97.

jstwondrng

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
I ordered through Google Play, and received an email 2-3 days after with my code in the email, I just had to click on redeem, took me to Netflix site, and click again on redeem, and I was taken to a screen that told me my account was credited for $23.97.

I purchased my Chromecast at Best Buy and they weren't sure if I'd receive the Netflix offer since nothing was coming up on the screen. When I got home and I checked my email, I had the offer sitting in my inbox. Woo hoo!

J

russell5

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Just got this email from Amazon. PS Today would be the fifth dat after my device shipped.

"Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Thank you for your recent Chromecast purchase. Your purchase has qualified you to receive a 3-month Netflix gift code. Your code will be emailed to you 5 days after your Chromecast ships."

AtomicFrost

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I was actually in the process of writing a post about how I hadn't heard anything from Amazon about my code. However, of course while doing so a new email came in; Amazon just sent me my code for the 3 months. \0/ :D

zhecht

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Just got this email from Amazon. PS Today would be the fifth dat after my device shipped.

"Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Thank you for your recent Chromecast purchase. Your purchase has qualified you to receive a 3-month Netflix gift code. Your code will be emailed to you 5 days after your Chromecast ships."

I got that too, even though my order was 7 minutes after the deadline (and subsequently cancelled).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress