Netflix doesn't work, help please

N3uRo

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I have no problem with Youtube or a Chrome tab but with Netflix it's impossible.

I tried two ways:

- Netflix from web: It says loading but a few seconds later it goes to the Netflix main page without any error.
- Netflix from Android app: I push the cast button, select my Chromecast and then I can't hit the "Play" button.

I have tried to sign out all my devices and factory reset the Chromecast with no luck.

Help please!!

jhilker

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Have you tried force closing Netflix, and then reopening the app? I had this problem, and this took care of it for me.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 4

N3uRo

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
Have you tried force closing Netflix, and then reopening the app? I had this problem, and this took care of it for me.

By closing Netflix and reopening the app what do you mean? The Chromecast Netflix app? I already tried that.

I don't know what else to do.

jhilker

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
By closing Netflix and reopening the app what do you mean? The Chromecast Netflix app? I already tried that.

I don't know what else to do.

By force closing, I mean go into Settings/Apps, locate the Netflix app under the downloaded apps, and then force close from there. See if that will help.

Devlyn16

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Just for clarification are you accessing netflix from within the USA? I've read in other threads that some of the routing infromation is IN Chromecast so THAT could be your problem.

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
No, I'm from Spain and I'm using Unblockus to access Netflix.

Thanks.
That is not likely to work. The app masks the IP address on your phone/tablet. It does not effect the Chromecast IP address which takes over the feed once you try to cast.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ab07