Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast
Like Tree54Likes

Default Re: Nexus 10 Case

It is showing the Nexus 7 version but that is enough to make me nervous about the build quality of the Nexus 10. It sounds like a lot of you bought it anyway so I'm hoping that they've fixed the quality issues or that the one in the amazon user pictures was a fluke.

The ratings are 4* so it couldn't be an issue with all of them. My daughter has a Poetic cover on her Kindle and it is really nice. I'm hoping his is a fluke.
    ~~Cindy~~

Quote Originally Posted by ibikeiruniswim View Post
    It is showing the Nexus 7 version but that is enough to make me nervous about the build quality of the Nexus 10. It sounds like a lot of you bought it anyway so I'm hoping that they've fixed the quality issues or that the one in the amazon user pictures was a fluke.
    I had the poetic case for the N7 and it was great; I had no problems or complaints with it. I only bought the iblason because it was available first (although I still haven't received it; hopefully I won't regret this).

I just received the {Poetic hardback slim fit case which looks similar to the one in this link but does not have any auto wake/sleep function. This is the link attached to my Amazon order account but I paid $6.95. In the past few days the price has changed from $4.95 to $9.95 and the retail price has changed $10-$15 as well.

Amazon.com: Poetic HardBack Protective Case for Google Nexus 10 (With Auto Sleep/Wake Function) (3 Year Warranty by Poetic): Computers & Accessories

In any case, I could not figure out how to use it as it comes with three pairs of tabs on each side to enclose the tablet. But you can't use the bottom pair if you want the tablet to use the case/s stand function. Once I figured out to just use the top two pairs of tabs, everything worked great.

All buttons, speakers,ports et al are totally in the clear. The case may be plastic but feels like a stiff artificial fabric (leatherette?) and my fingers easily grip it without any slide. There is a hand pocket to use only in the portrait mode but I'm a landscape kind of guy.

There are 3 upright positions and the tablet feels secure in each. I use the stand mainly when in bed and it works well.

There is a clasp/tab to keep the tablet closed and it is a bit difficult to open up once closed as it works with pressure by slipping over the edge of the tablet. There is a piece of cloth to pull on to help get the cover open, however.

I've been using a HP sleeve to protect the tablet until this was delivered. The tablet in this case still fit inside the sleeve for some extra protection.

For the $6.95 + free shipping that I paid with the preorder, it's a steal.

Shelly

I wanted to point out, this case does cover the top of the right speaker. The tab attaching the from to the back could have easily been moved closer to the corner as it was done on the other side. I'm not sure why it was designed this way. It's still functional, of course, but it bothers me that the top of the speaker (where it's actually functional) is covered.

See my pics in the link below.

Quote Originally Posted by ShanMan14 View Post

just bought this case from ebay: White HardBack PU Leather Case With Folding Smart Cover for Google Nexus 10.
    it reminds me of Poetic`s Slimline. hopefully it`s a durable case. i`m not too happy about the plastic tray as the back though..

Quote Originally Posted by atg284 View Post
    I emailed Seidio to see if they would make this for the N10 and they said that it would be passed on to product development...Keeping my fingers crossed!
    that means you might see a case from them in 3 to 5 months...good luck waiting
    Nexus 5!
    The path to enlightenment begins with an unlocked bootloader...

twitter.com/indianajonze

I got my iblason case Wednesday. It's fine. All the cutouts are in the right places. The stylus is handy. The only quibble I might have is that black thread for the stitching might have been nicer than white but at that price I'm not complaining.

I took a black Sharpie permanent marker and made a little vertical line on the light gray background near the power switch so I know where to press without having to hunt around for it.

The case makes the tablet so much easier to hold!

Amazon.com: i-BLASON Auto Sleep / Wake Google Nexus 10 inch Tablet Leather Case Cover with Stylus loop and Bonus Stylus 3 Year Warranty (Black): Electronics

Global Posts
    38 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lumpynose View Post
    All the cutouts are in the right places.
    Agreed, with the exception of the cutout for the right speaker, which covers the top of the speaker (which is, unfortunately, the active part) due to the location join to the back of the case which is too low on the right hand side for no obvious reason.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulH2 View Post
    Agreed, with the exception of the cutout for the right speaker, which covers the top of the speaker (which is, unfortunately, the active part) due to the location join to the back of the case which is too low on the right hand side for no obvious reason.
    Didn't notice that. They could have put the upper join on the other side of the jack it's under.

Global Posts
    38 Global Posts

Didn't notice that. They could have put the upper join on the other side of the jack it's under.
    Exactly, why the heck they didn't just make it symmetric I have no idea!

ROM
    CM7.2 & 4.2 Jelly Bean

I finally got my i-Blason yesterday. I'll give an initial review.

• It had a strong chemically smell at first, as mentioned before, however that has dissipated after a day.
    • The cutouts are all in the right place, with the exception of the one that partially covers one of the speakers, and I can easily slide the notifications and utility panels down from the top edge.
    • The device sits securely in the case.
    • It doesn't feel cheap, and it looks pretty nice, but I would have preferred a black interior and stitching.
    • The stylus feels very cheap, and the clip wiggles. The ballpoint end of the stylus didn't seem to register on the touch screen, but the eraser side seemed to work. Maybe I just don't know how to use it, but I don't have much use for a stylus anyway, so I've removed it.
    • When propped horizontally using the stand it's not very sturdy and can be easily knocked over, but if you don't touch it, it stays put.
    • It doesn't look like you'll be able to put the device on a pogo charger stand (whenever one is released) without taking the device out of this case, but you could probably say that for most cases.
    • I haven't had any problems with the auto sleep/wake feature; it works as expected.

This case is still a little thicker than I prefer, so I'm still going to buy the Poetic Slimline case. I just wanted something temporary until then.

Hi
    The eareser side is the stylus one the other end is just a regular pen.

I ordered one my self it was a blue one as soon it came I noticed it has a defect the right side speaker is blocked by the case ' so I sent it back
    Big disappointment!

Than I ordered a poetic one black color highly recommended. It has all the openings and is great quality I got it for 4.99$ plus fee shipping , now it's 9.99$ still worth it. Its the same style as the one you got just with the right cutouts.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by PaulH2 View Post
    Exactly, why the heck they didn't just make it symmetric I have no idea!
    I ordered the same one in blue color same problem here wrong cutouts!
    I sent it back!
    Otherwise the quality was good,
    Even you can see it on Amazon's site the picture shows the same with the wrong openings.

ROM
    CM7.2 & 4.2 Jelly Bean

Quote Originally Posted by johnyguy#AC View Post
    The eareser side is the stylus one the other end is just a regular pen.
    How embarrassing that I didn't notice that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan Tucker View Post
    How embarrassing that I didn't notice that.
    I was equally clueless and I did the same thing. And it wasn't until a day or so later until I tried the pen end on paper.

Quote Originally Posted by johnyguy#AC View Post
    I ordered the same one in blue color same problem here wrong cutouts!
    I sent it back!
    Otherwise the quality was good,
    Even you can see it on Amazon's site the picture shows the same with the wrong openings.
    This is why I hate buying things that aren't fulfilled by amazon; I have to pay return postage when it's not a good product.

I've ordered the fintie case and may send the iblason back when the fintie arrives.

This is why I hate buying things that aren't fulfilled by amazon; I have to pay return postage when it's not a good product.
    If the product is defective don't they have to provide a return shipping label for you? If the cover covers the speakers, I would say that is a defect.
    ~~Cindy~~

Quote Originally Posted by ceyers50 View Post
    If the product is defective don't they have to provide a return shipping label for you?
    No. I've bought things that were not fulfilled by amazon and when I went to the amazon web page to return it the web page instructed me to wrap it up and put proper postage on it (or whatever if shipping by ups, for example) and send it back. I tested doing it with this case and for this you fill out a form and if the return is approved by iblason it says I'll get a return label.

But I realized after I posted my previous message that I'd marked the case for where the power button is so I really can't expect them to refund my $9 or whatever it was.

Ordered this one as well :Amazon.com: Poetic SLIMLINE Portfolio Case for Google Nexus 10 Black (With Auto Sleep/Wake Function)(3 Year Warranty by Poetic): Computers & Accessories

I am waiting for some OEM accessories, especially a case and the pogo charging dock. I have no idea why it always take them so long with this stuff, they would sell a lot I am sure. It is always the same issue - went through it with my galaxy S3, Verizon nexus, etc. These items should be ready at launch.
    Thanked by:

ROM
    Something Jelly

Quote Originally Posted by Doxcyguy617 View Post
    Ordered this one as well :Amazon.com: Poetic SLIMLINE Portfolio Case for Google Nexus 10 Black (With Auto Sleep/Wake Function)(3 Year Warranty by Poetic): Computers & Accessories

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...L._SL1500_.jpg

I am waiting for some OEM accessories, especially a case and the pogo charging dock. I have no idea why it always take them so long with this stuff, they would sell a lot I am sure. It is always the same issue - went through it with my galaxy S3, Verizon nexus, etc. These items should be ready at launch.
    That one looks awesome! I got on amazon and cancelled the other case I had ordered tonight and will definitely be getting that one.

I came across this site that shows several different Nexus 10 covers and other accessories. I'm still trying to decide which one I want.
    Nexus 10 Accessories for the Samsung Nexus 10
    Thanked by:

No. I've bought things that were not fulfilled by amazon and when I went to the amazon web page to return it the web page instructed me to wrap it up and put proper postage on it (or whatever if shipping by ups, for example) and send it back. I tested doing it with this case and for this you fill out a form and if the return is approved by iblason it says I'll get a return label.

But I realized after I posted my previous message that I'd marked the case for where the power button is so I really can't expect them to refund my $9 or whatever it was.
    I don't think its fair for us to pay for return , the case is unusable so why they need it back anyway I sent them pictures cause they were ask for it
    I had to pay like 4 bucks out of my pocket for nothing, they should have know what they putting on the site to sell its a non working product
Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast