Nexus 10 Case

Funduro

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Where were you on Mars? (Joking) i have had mine for about 3 weeks purchased on Amazon and it works great plus you dont mess around with the mini usb - saves wear and tear.

spyderrc10gt2

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Got me the SUPCASE

Love it, magnet to shut down the screen saves battery life and ability to stand up for viewing vids is great. Very pleased and very cheap. Actually nicely made for how cheap it is.

Amazon.com: SupCase Slim Fit Folio Leather Case with Smart Cover Function for 10-Inch Google/Samsung Nexus, Black (G10-62A-BK): Computers & Accessories

Thats the cover i have had since nov. While its an ok cover, I would not buy it again. No cut out for pogo port, nothing to hold front flap backwards when you fold it over and limited viewing angles. However, i have had no build quality issues with it like others have had with other brands, it looks just as good today as when i received it back in november.

Tabs85

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site

dave1216

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
For those with a bear motion case, does anyone have experience with their battery running down abnormally? I am suspecting the lid does not close all the way and it is not fully in sleep mode and drains the battery. Is there anyway to bypass the open/close feature?
So I have done some testing with and without the bear motion case. No battery issues when using without the case. Case is impacting usage. My guess is that if case is not closed perfectly it gets in a mode which drains battery quickly.

always_black

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
Using the Amzer Exclusive Silicone Skin Jelly Case Cover. Perfect for me because i was looking for something to give me a good grip on the device when using it amongst people on public transportation. POGO cutout is a bit tight though. Have to wiggle it a bit to get it to connect. Suppose I can enlarge the opening a bit without to much effort. Looks ok to me in black.

slinkies

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I'm using a kohmo bluetooth keyboard case in black leather from amazon it's awesome to for the price it rotates 360 degrees to and the keyboard is sweet as well it's a lil bigger than the others I've had and for 35 bucks you can't really go wrong

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

svBackstreets

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
I do. $29.99 from Amazon. I dropped my iPad 2 on asphalt from about two feet and the glass shattered. The silicon sleeve was off and the glass shattered. So I had to get the Nexus 10.

I really like the Snugg but not a leather look fan. The protection looks good. I like the two way stand and the hand strap. five stars.

Tenebrous

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site

twilite2000

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Just a newbies observation here. I got the MoKo Ultra Slim Lightweight Smart-shell Stand Case for Google Nexus 10 inch Tablet by Samsung, RED (with Smart Cover Auto Wake/Sleep). My husband got the Poetic HardBack Protective Case for Google Nexus 10 (With Auto Sleep/Wake Function) (3 Year Warranty by Poetic). Now we just got these to cases a couple of days ago and here is what I think.

MoKo-very thin light weight but I wouldn't drop or toss it around. This case won't offer that amount of protection. Good for bag or backpack. It snaps in quite easily but it's very difficult to remove, which is not good for me but great for the Nexus. This case has dedicated cut outs which allows easy access to the power, volume, headphone, USB, HDMI, but does not have a dedicated cut out for the pogo. The case must be opened to access this connector. I find the magnetic closure to be acceptable and agree if not careful can scratch the screen. Love the auto wake/sleep feature. A few people complained about the odor, which I didn't notice. Overall a sturdy case. Materials used to make it are okay probably will not hold up well with daily usage(only time will tell) but for the price and lifetime warranty it was well worth it.

Poetic- bulkier then the Moko (which we knew before purchasing), which my husband likes, but still won't offer the protection if dropped. Snaps in easily and feels secure. Very difficult to remove which is a problem when you need to repeatedly unsnap the Nexus from the spine in order to use the self-standing feature. Husband feels this may wear out the supports that hold the Nexus in place with constant use. It has all the dedicated cut outs for power, volume, headphone, USB, HDMI, including the pogo. Husband also loves the auto wake/sleep feature. Magnetic closures are very secure. Like the MoKo my husband feels the material over time and constant use will wear rather quickly, but again for the price and 3 year warranty it was worth it.

Once again it's all a preference. I like my MoKo for being thin and light weight. My husband likes his Poetic for being a little more bulkier. Otherwise they do what they're suppose to do, protect our Nexus.

Hope this helps someone.

******************Update********************

I have had my MoKo Ultra Slim Lightweight Smart-shell Stand Case for Google Nexus 10 inch Tablet by Samsung, RED (with Smart Cover Auto Wake/Sleep) exactly 2 months today. I must say I'm disappointed. My Nexus is used daily and MoKo gets lots of use. It's starting to fray and one of the magnets that keeps it closed keeps popping out. It's difficult to hold in an open position since the weight of the Nexus pulls the back down while the front cover moves up. I'm constantly adjusting for comfort. Therefore 2 thumbs down for this product.

Though my husband has the Poetic HardBack Protective Case for Google Nexus 10 (With Auto Sleep/Wake Function) (3 Year Warranty by Poetic) he doesn't use his Nexus nearly as much as I do so I really can't give a proper review. When he does use his Nexus he has nothing but good things to say about his case. Still looks new and functions as it should. I probably would've purchased this product but I couldn't find one in any other color but black and being a girl I want color and function.

I'll be purchasing a Bear Motion (TM) 100% Genuine Cowhide Case Cover with Stand for Google Nexus 10 inch tablet - MP - Hot Pink (Support Auto Wake/Sleep Function). Heard lots of good reviews. Sounds very similar to the Poetic so Bear Motion here I come.

I'll post my review on this product once I get it.

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
My Nexus is used daily and MoKo gets lots of use. It's starting to fray and one of the magnets that keeps it closed keeps popping out. It's difficult to hold in an open position since the weight of the Nexus pulls the back down while the front cover moves up. I'm constantly adjusting for comfort. Therefore 2 thumbs down for this product.

Funny, I just noticed yesterday that my MUCH less frequently used Moko case is also "fraying" as you say (actually, it is delaminating/separating) at the corners. I will try to glue the layers back. Otherwise, I still really like it... and it was crazy inexpensive.

spyderrc10gt2

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site

hockey9592

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
I am on the verge of purchasing the Nexus 10. It sounds like Poetic is the best keyboard/case combo option on the cheaper end the spectrum? I don't know how much I will even use the keyboard. I am definitely looking for travel convince. Will the chargers for the Nexus 10 and the keyboard all fit in the keyboard/case combo? If you have a better recommendation let me know.

Amazon.com: Poetic KeyBook Removable Bluetooth Keyboard Case for Google Nexus 10 Black (With Auto Sleep/Wake Function) (3 Year Warranty from Poetic): Computers & Accessories

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasIndia