Nexus 10 Case

ceyers50

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Also, To: everyone, Like you I like the look of that Poetic case...but pictures on amazon from someone that got their already showed some pretty crappy build quality...has that changed any of ur minds??? just curious...I'm on the fence.

Could you post a link please?

lumpynose

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
Some of those images are customer supplied images. Someone could upload an image for an automobile cover and it wouldn't get fixed until someone at Amazon did something.

ibikeiruniswim

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
It is showing the Nexus 7 version but that is enough to make me nervous about the build quality of the Nexus 10. It sounds like a lot of you bought it anyway so I'm hoping that they've fixed the quality issues or that the one in the amazon user pictures was a fluke.

ceyers50

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
The ratings are 4* so it couldn't be an issue with all of them. My daughter has a Poetic cover on her Kindle and it is really nice. I'm hoping his is a fluke.

lumpynose

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
It is showing the Nexus 7 version but that is enough to make me nervous about the build quality of the Nexus 10. It sounds like a lot of you bought it anyway so I'm hoping that they've fixed the quality issues or that the one in the amazon user pictures was a fluke.

I had the poetic case for the N7 and it was great; I had no problems or complaints with it. I only bought the iblason because it was available first (although I still haven't received it; hopefully I won't regret this).

peaches1998

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I just received the {Poetic hardback slim fit case which looks similar to the one in this link but does not have any auto wake/sleep function. This is the link attached to my Amazon order account but I paid $6.95. In the past few days the price has changed from $4.95 to $9.95 and the retail price has changed $10-$15 as well.

Amazon.com: Poetic HardBack Protective Case for Google Nexus 10 (With Auto Sleep/Wake Function) (3 Year Warranty by Poetic): Computers & Accessories

In any case, I could not figure out how to use it as it comes with three pairs of tabs on each side to enclose the tablet. But you can't use the bottom pair if you want the tablet to use the case/s stand function. Once I figured out to just use the top two pairs of tabs, everything worked great.

All buttons, speakers,ports et al are totally in the clear. The case may be plastic but feels like a stiff artificial fabric (leatherette?) and my fingers easily grip it without any slide. There is a hand pocket to use only in the portrait mode but I'm a landscape kind of guy.

There are 3 upright positions and the tablet feels secure in each. I use the stand mainly when in bed and it works well.

There is a clasp/tab to keep the tablet closed and it is a bit difficult to open up once closed as it works with pressure by slipping over the edge of the tablet. There is a piece of cloth to pull on to help get the cover open, however.

I've been using a HP sleeve to protect the tablet until this was delivered. The tablet in this case still fit inside the sleeve for some extra protection.

For the $6.95 + free shipping that I paid with the preorder, it's a steal.

Shelly

Amylase453

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I wanted to point out, this case does cover the top of the right speaker. The tab attaching the from to the back could have easily been moved closer to the corner as it was done on the other side. I'm not sure why it was designed this way. It's still functional, of course, but it bothers me that the top of the speaker (where it's actually functional) is covered.

See my pics in the link below.

lumpynose

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
I got my iblason case Wednesday. It's fine. All the cutouts are in the right places. The stylus is handy. The only quibble I might have is that black thread for the stitching might have been nicer than white but at that price I'm not complaining.

I took a black Sharpie permanent marker and made a little vertical line on the light gray background near the power switch so I know where to press without having to hunt around for it.

The case makes the tablet so much easier to hold!

Amazon.com: i-BLASON Auto Sleep / Wake Google Nexus 10 inch Tablet Leather Case Cover with Stylus loop and Bonus Stylus 3 Year Warranty (Black): Electronics

PaulH2

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
All the cutouts are in the right places.
Agreed, with the exception of the cutout for the right speaker, which covers the top of the speaker (which is, unfortunately, the active part) due to the location join to the back of the case which is too low on the right hand side for no obvious reason.

lumpynose

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
Agreed, with the exception of the cutout for the right speaker, which covers the top of the speaker (which is, unfortunately, the active part) due to the location join to the back of the case which is too low on the right hand side for no obvious reason.

Didn't notice that. They could have put the upper join on the other side of the jack it's under.

Jordan Tucker

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I finally got my i-Blason yesterday. I'll give an initial review.

• It had a strong chemically smell at first, as mentioned before, however that has dissipated after a day.
  • The cutouts are all in the right place, with the exception of the one that partially covers one of the speakers, and I can easily slide the notifications and utility panels down from the top edge.
  • The device sits securely in the case.
  • It doesn't feel cheap, and it looks pretty nice, but I would have preferred a black interior and stitching.
  • The stylus feels very cheap, and the clip wiggles. The ballpoint end of the stylus didn't seem to register on the touch screen, but the eraser side seemed to work. Maybe I just don't know how to use it, but I don't have much use for a stylus anyway, so I've removed it.
  • When propped horizontally using the stand it's not very sturdy and can be easily knocked over, but if you don't touch it, it stays put.
  • It doesn't look like you'll be able to put the device on a pogo charger stand (whenever one is released) without taking the device out of this case, but you could probably say that for most cases.
  • I haven't had any problems with the auto sleep/wake feature; it works as expected.

This case is still a little thicker than I prefer, so I'm still going to buy the Poetic Slimline case. I just wanted something temporary until then.

johnyguy#AC

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Hi
The eareser side is the stylus one the other end is just a regular pen.

I ordered one my self it was a blue one as soon it came I noticed it has a defect the right side speaker is blocked by the case ' so I sent it back
Big disappointment!

Than I ordered a poetic one black color highly recommended. It has all the openings and is great quality I got it for 4.99$ plus fee shipping , now it's 9.99$ still worth it. Its the same style as the one you got just with the right cutouts.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non