[Q] Icon touch sensitivity

brycej817

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I got a Nexus 10. Sent it back. The main icons were not very responsive to touching and poking. Sometimes 1 touch would work, sometimes it would take 3 or 4.
But the bottom icons always worked. Like the home icon.

I looked at Transformer T300. Exactly the same thing. Is it me or is it the same for everyone?

Haven't tried an ipad.

davrow

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Did you use your finger or a stylus? N10 is very sensitive to any sideways movement, takes getting used to if using a finger. If you were not using a stylus try that.

I've never had any other icon selection issues.

Devlyn16

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
first time I've heard this complaint about the N10. I have no problem with mine when it comes to selecting icons Etc.

brycej817

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
That mat be it. I do have a condition that gives me shaky hands and fingers. A non-life-threatening inherited condition known as essential tremor.

Still I never had a problem with the home button. Makes me wonder if the bottom buttons are done differently.

davrow

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
The home button(s) don't move, so yes, they are different. Icons are intentionally able to tell the difference between short press, long press and drag-n-drop.

This is my first tablet. I was accustomed to a pressure sensitive screen and found myself leaving my finger on the icon way too long - it kept thinking I was dragging it instead of selecting it.

Devlyn16

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
That mat be it. I do have a condition that gives me shaky hands and fingers. A non-life-threatening inherited condition known as essential tremor.

Thanks for mentioning it. I hope that Google/Apple/Microsoft take this type of thing into consideration as the Tech Savy populous ages we will experiance similar shakes/temors in greater numbers. The Software should start addressing this now for your benefit and everyone else's

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch