Nexus 10 - Chrome & Online Banking

baloo56

Apr 13, 2013
Visit site
I am very new to my Nexus 10. Only had it for two days now. I am VERY pleased with it so far. I do have a problem I haven't been able to rectify. I am unable to log onto my Internet banking service with Nexus 10 Google Chrome. It will bring up the login screen, I enter my account number and password OK. Then when I select continue, the next screen that should be displayed would ask me for another password. That screen does initially flash up for a second then I get the banks logged out screen displayed.
Has anyone experienced this problem and if yes, did you find a fix for it?

Evilnut

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I use Chrome Beta & never have any problems with web sites. But as still1 said, see if your bank has an App in the Play Store. I can use my Banks web site or their app. I prefer the app, its faster & more well organized. Plus I can deposit checks with my camera on my phone.

Funduro

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Usually banks have their own apps to acces accounts and as such will not allow you to use a normal browser from an android tablet. At least that is the system with my bank.

baloo56

Apr 13, 2013
Visit site
Thank you all for the advice. It is the Royal Bank of Canada website that was giving me problems. I will take everyone's advice and use the banks own app instead of Google Chrome..

y2whisper

Trusted Member
Apr 15, 2010
Visit site
I have been having problems accepting transfers when I got to the list and select my bank it prompts me to install the app for my bank or use web banking. When I select use the app, it directs me to the play store to a list of apps even though I have the app installed. Using the AOSP browser it works fine.