So no new Nexus 10 yet?

angry english

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I was really looking forward to ordering the new Nexus 10 and thought it would be out the same time as the N5, wasn't the N10 and the N4 announced on the same day last year?

Posted via Android Central App

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
I was really looking forward to ordering the new Nexus 10 and thought it would be out the same time as the N5, wasn't the N10 and the N4 announced on the same day last year?

Posted via Android Central App

They were announced at the same time yes, but if memory serves (and I could be wrong about this), the Nexus 10 wasn't available for ordering until a few weeks after the N4 was.

EDIT: Scratch that...both were available to order from Google Play store on November 13th last year.

JasW

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Because it wasn't announced/released yesterday along with the Nexus 5, and because of the lack of any real leaks, I'm beginning to think the new Nexus 10 is a myth.

angry english

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I`m would to agree with you, and the fact that the play store is still selling the 32gb version at full price is also eyebrow raising... but one thing that makes me believe they do have a new N10 is what Jerry put on a nexus 5 article:

Jerry Hildenbrand says:
The N10 is the one I know quite a bit about that I can't share.

It's coming soon.

It will be easy to get.

It will be awesome.

MrSlippery519

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I`m would to agree with you, and the fact that the play store is still selling the 32gb version at full price is also eyebrow raising... but one thing that makes me believe they do have a new N10 is what Jerry put on a nexus 5 article:

Jerry Hildenbrand says:
The N10 is the one I know quite a bit about that I can't share.

It's coming soon.

It will be easy to get.

It will be awesome.

There could be a million reasons why it was not announced yet, maybe they are planning a "real" announcement for the N10, maybe they are waiting to build up stock. Maybe they still have a ton of 2012 N10's that are still selling well at full price, no reason to drop the price and lose money just because a new model is coming out. The average person would have no clue.

Best believe a new N10 is coming, when who knows, but I would be shocked if it was not out before the end of the year.

minnemike

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I have to think they now think highly enough of both the N5 and N10 that they are purposely keeping the releases separate. Today or any day now would be a fine day to release it though - considering the N5 is already sold out until the next batch is ready.... i.e. low web traffic on the site right now.

angry english

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
There could be a million reasons why it was not announced yet, maybe they are planning a "real" announcement for the N10, maybe they are waiting to build up stock. Maybe they still have a ton of 2012 N10's that are still selling well at full price, no reason to drop the price and lose money just because a new model is coming out. The average person would have no clue.

Best believe a new N10 is coming, when who knows, but I would be shocked if it was not out before the end of the year.

Wasnt any need to drop the price of the N4 but they did to clear stock ready for the N5, thats where im coming from with that

msavic6

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Hopfully sooner than later sinxe the iPad Air has practically no competition for the time being.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

MrSlippery519

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Hopfully sooner than later sinxe the iPad Air has practically no competition for the time being.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

The 2012 N10 is still a high end tablet, that is damn close spec wise, has a better screen and is cheaper than the ipad air. No question the Ipad air is a solid unit, but its hardly leaps and bounds ahead of even the current N10.

Granted I agree a new version would create more hype and take away potential sales for the Ipad, as long as the 2013 N10 is out in the next month they will still see plenty of xmas sales, and as well would show a boost on the discounted 2012 N10 clearing out stock.

George Leon

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Just like everyone knew the Google Plus event on the 28th was the Nexus 5 release date?

Lol...What he said really says nothing. He could be talking about development of a new tablet or a new tablet related feature. For every Google device there are leaks. Service manuals, FCC filings, people in factories & shipping centers. Accessory manufacturers. The screen shots for the N10-2 have been pretty conclusively shown to be fakes. There are no evident FCC filings that make sense for a Nexus 10-2. There is ONE retailer with a Nexus 10-2 case for pre-order on Amazon, whereas with the N5 & the N7-2 & even the N4, there were dozens, including some that were available before the device was officially announced. There may be a new larger tablet in the future, but it will not be from Samsung in my humble opinion & it most likely will not be anytime this year. Next summer I would say is more likely.

Now wearables is another thing. Definitely expanding Glass availability & I have see firsthand a before unseen smart watch which I was told was from Google. The guys would let me look, but would not take it off nor let me hold it & he would answer absolutely zero questions. Maybe he's full of it, but another gal I know that is a tech reporter (not a blogger) & is also a pretty involved member at xda also mentioned a watch to me along with a "that's all I can say right now".

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non