Help I think my nexus 10 is havng major OS issues stuck at Android 4.2?

chris Last Name

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
Hi All,

I am hoping you can help. My nexus 10 is not finding any update. It is currently running on Android 4.2, yet I see on the web that a roll out of Android 4.4.2 is suppose to be well underway. When I try to update android just tells me that it is up to date. What version of android should my Nexus 10 be on? I am in the UK by the way. Even if I should not yet be on Android 4.4.2 should I still be on Android 4.2 at the moment?

I ask this because I am having problems with several apps wanting to update, but when I let them update through play store the new version of the app just crashes and I get a message like "unfortunately google play music has stopped" or whatever app is trying to run. This happens even if I am not running the app so that I get numerous pop-up errors for several apps. These errors then repeat every few minutes. You tube is also affected if I let it upgrade to what play thinks is the latest version. I tried talking to Google UK about this, but they just kept insisting that I should wait for an OTA update in the next few days (but I have a strong feeling that the tablet will never pick up the OTA as the OS installation seems to have been scrambled when a previous samsung authorised repair team re-installed the OS with something called ASOP_manta) , but the guy didn't know what version of Android I should be on!! So I was not inclined to trust his judgement, nor did he have any explaination as to why apps keep updating to a version that is incompatable with Android 4.2, he just told me "that is something for the app team to deal with". Frankly I am really dissappointed with the google UK support. This was all the more frustraiting as the Google US team guy I had spoken to earlier said I needed to RMA the tablet as faulty for a replacement with a new one. Sorry for the rant.
Anyway does anyone know what version of android I should be on currently in the UK even if I haven't had the latest 4.4.2 roll out yet (which google told me has been heavily delayed).

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Yes, you should have Kit Kat by now in the UK. Manta is just a code name for the Nexus 10. It is possible something got whacked in the OS. I would suggest you back up what you need (movies, pictures, etc) and do a factory reset on your device. (Make sure it is fully charged.)

Ant the ant

Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
I'm having the exact same issue, did you resolve it in the end? I've tried a factory reset and still no joy. Google support are being equally useless too. Most annoying thing of all this a new tablet Google sent to replace a previously broken one, its been stuck on 4.2 the whole time I've had it, and all the Google apps keep crashing, as you describe. Can anyone help??

mavrrick

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
If you are stuck on 4.2 my suggestion would be to do a little research on loading the factory image of 4.4.4 from Googles website. It isn't that complicated, and would certainly give you a clean load of the OS. Just make sure you get find some fairly clear directions. I loaded the factory image at one point, and though it looked complicated it was much easier then I anticipated.

The link to the factory images is https://developers.google.com/android/nexus/images