On AT&T, S3 w/LTE or LG Nexus HSPA?

dwd3885

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
So IF the rumors are correct, the device Google announces on the 29th will NOT have LTE for AT&T. If price was the same, which do you think would be better?

I have considered getting an S3 and running CM10 (since it's stable Monthly M2 build) instead because of the camera and LTE. Now, according to rumors, the LG Nexus may not have a great camera compared to the S3 and may not have LTE. If that is TRUE, what would you rather do? S3 w/LTE or LG Nexus?

Just interested in comments really. I figure on Oct. 29 I will know what I want and order one or the other!

Woosh

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
So IF the rumors are correct, the device Google announces on the 29th will NOT have LTE for AT&T. If price was the same, which do you think would be better?

I have considered getting an S3 and running CM10 (since it's stable Monthly M2 build) instead because of the camera and LTE. Now, according to rumors, the LG Nexus may not have a great camera compared to the S3 and may not have LTE. If that is TRUE, what would you rather do? S3 w/LTE or LG Nexus?

Just interested in comments really. I figure on Oct. 29 I will know what I want and order one or the other!

I'll be dropping my S3 for the Nexus, but I don't use LTE so it doesn't bother me none. Hardware wise, besides the look, won't be a huge difference so go with whichever you personally like. I don't think either of these phones will be "better" than the other, simply different. Each person has different needs and wants in the device and if you want LTE then go with the S3. It won't all of the sudden be a terrible phone once this better one comes out. :D

Mooem

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
S3 on CM10 is quite solid and it offers some nice little extras that stock doesn't really offer. However, I'm finding it tempting to dump Verizon and go full on unlocked Nexus with AT&T which means I would lose LTE. While the speed is nice, I find the prospects of getting direct updates from Google much more satisfying. Android has gotten to the point where flashing custom ROMs is no longer necessary to get enhanced functionality, and I like the fact I would no longer be at the whims of Verizon's locked down nature.

I think I could do without LTE for another year or so.

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I'd go with the nexus, with the speeds I get on sprint I would be really happy with HSDPA, att is just to expensive for me.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

jtc276

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
I find it hard to believe that Google will be releasing this phone without LTE bands. I'm hoping there are different models like there are for the iPhone that appeal to different GSM networks. Then again, I live in West Virginia which will assuredly be the last place to receive LTE if we even do get it. Plus, if I'm going to an area with LTE, I still have my AT&T One X.

I feel sorry for those on a CDMA network (especially Verizon) because they'll more than likely never see a Nexus device again. It isn't hard to see that Google wasn't happy with how Verizon and Sprint handled the Galaxy Nexus. So GSM is the only way to go with this device. But instead of going with AT&T, you could easily get a Straight Talk plan for $45 a month which includes unlimited calling, texting, and data. It's truly the best deal out there if you're planning on going off-contract.

Mac58

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
I also find it hard to believe that le goog would skimp out on LTE as well. Android has been the front runner for LTE the past couple of years and the only devices with LTE have been Android. Even last year they released 2 LTE Nexi (Sprint and Verizon). The year that iPhone releases LTE capable devices worlwide, would be the same year google releases a world phone Nexus without LTE? It just does not make sense. PLUS I was under the impression that the entire presence of the Snapdragon S4 chip was because it was the first quad core chip to play nice with LTE. If they release a worldphone with only pentaband HSPA, then why not release it with a cheaper chip that isnt as brandspanking new, that will drive costs of the device down considerably. I dont know, but I guess we will all see on the 29th

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38