Canadian Nexus 4 Ordered On December 3rd - Order Status and Tracking

jimrebello

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
Mine changed to Dec 27 as well. Mine changed to December 20th on Decemeber 19th....

If its not coming until Jan 31 like another person was told I think we should all be demanding a shipping refund.

Hopefully the rep at Google was wrong like they usually are.

Sent from my SGH-I896 using Android Central Forums

DrunkFux

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
My order was placed on Dec,3 at 4h06 pm eastern time, I called Google asked them if possible to receive my order before Dec 31, because I would miss the 50G cloud storage for life with Box.com (check it out) . Google said delivery on Jan 31. I'm very upset with Google, will miss this promo with box.com. Everybody here that placed an order should complain like i did, this s is a great promo, 50gigs !

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2

I already mentioned before to someone else there is an app you can use to get the 50gb right now from any phone for free... but it will stop working supposedly from the 31st as well...
If you like I can send it to you...

For the rest of you, I'm a 3-4 weeker and the preorder has changed to the 27th Dec along with the shipping changing from UPS to DHL... hope that means something will start rolling soon......

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Q

SEVEN40iL

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
My father had ordered on Dec.3rd, a few minutes after myself, and got 3-4 week shipping.

His date was changed to Dec. 20th a few days ago, and today changed to Dec. 27th.

Does this mean that they should be shipping out soon, or getting delayed more?

jimrebello

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
I already mentioned before to someone else there is an app you can use to get the 50gb right now from any phone for free... but it will stop working supposedly from the 31st as well...

For the rest of you, I'm a 3-4 weeker and the preorder has changed to the 27th Dec along with the shipping changing from UPS to DHL... hope that means something will start rolling soon......

DHL? That's interesting. Hopefully that's a good thing because UPS generally sucks. Never dealt with DHL though so who knows.

Sent from my SGH-I896 using Android Central Forums

TheSnow321

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site

thanks much appreciated, but its only going to get me more upset at the end of dec 31 if i use it

Last edited:

ImmenseBrick

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
I must say, I have been very happy with the nexus 4. No issues at all and damn is it snappy. Have not seen any of the old school android lag that happens on some devices (even on my wife's one X) A very happy camper here.

DrunkFux

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
thanks much appreciated, but its only going to get me more upset at the end of dec 31 if i use it

Uhhh... don't see how it will make you MORE upset if you use it but OK... to each their own... if you change your mind in 2 days let me know... no point missing out on something just because something Else has not gone according to plan...

TheSnow321

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
I must say, I have been very happy with the nexus 4. No issues at all and damn is it snappy. Have not seen any of the old school android lag that happens on some devices (even on my wife's one X) A very happy camper here.

I'm trying to think positive, could I ask you one question? if you have registered for the 50g of storage cloud on box.com, for life.

sarunkumar

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
My order was placed on Dec,3 at 4h06 pm eastern time, I called Google asked them if possible to receive my order before Dec 31, because I would miss the 50G cloud storage for life with Box.com (check it out) . Google said delivery on Jan 31. I'm very upset with Google, will miss this promo with box.com. Everybody here that placed an order should complain like i did, this s is a great promo, 50gigs !

Box.com 100MB upload limit is a killer, you cannot upload a 5min video, wish it's from dropbox, their desktop app is nice.

TheSnow321

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
Uhhh... don't see how it will make you MORE upset if you use it but OK... to each their own... if you change your mind in 2 days let me know... no point missing out on something just because something Else has not gone according to plan...

I appreciate your positive thinking...try to see it this way, On Dec 3 i placed an order at the same time for Christmas, an iPhone and nexus4 . I received the iPhone for my daughter four days later and where's my Nexus 4. The reality is, you don't sell something if you don't have it, Mr Google. I basically will receive it on Jan31 and lets say its really the month of Feb. I'm really thinking of canceling this order, and jump ship and try apple . But the problem is Videotron doesn't support apple and I would lose out on a great plan.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I appreciate your positive thinking...try to see it this way, On Dec 3 i placed an order at the same time for Christmas, an iPhone and nexus4 . I received the iPhone for my daughter four days later and where's my Nexus 4. The reality is, you don't sell something if you don't have it, Mr Google. I basically will receive it on Jan31 and lets say its really the month of Feb. I'm really thinking of canceling this order, and jump ship and try apple . But the problem is Videotron doesn't support apple and I would lose out on a great plan.

This makes no sense. Seriously come on. The iphone is a proven high demand phone that Apple could easily anticipate the high volume of devices needed. The Nexus 4 was a complete surprise in terms of demand, so to compare the delivery of a device that has been out for some time with a proven sales history makes no sense.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

ggbrown

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site

I wonder if some sort of polite plea to Box.com by Nexus 4 owners would result in them making an exception on the promo? Clearly you ordered it as early as possible. Maybe showing proof of purchase (the order email) would suffice?

Just a thought. I'm waiting for mine too. :(

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Just a question re the box.com offer. If I already had an account will I automatically get the 50gb upgrade or do I need to activate something?

Update: I answered my own question. After logging in I have 50gb now.

sarunkumar

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Just a question re the box.com offer. If I already had an account will I automatically get the 50gb upgrade or do I need to activate something?

Update: I answered my own question. After logging in I have 50gb now.

Download Box for Android in your nexus 4 and sign in with your account, it will automatically increase the size from 5 to 50gb.

TheSnow321

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
I wonder if some sort of polite plea to Box.com by Nexus 4 owners would result in them making an exception on the promo? Clearly you ordered it as early as possible. Maybe showing proof of purchase (the order email) would suffice?

Just a thought. I'm waiting for mine too. :(

I tried this, I asked polite, I tried with Box.com and Google.com . They basically told me politely "we can't do anything" Box.com said its up to LG or Google play. I just received an email from Google play, saying we can't do anything.

TheSnow321

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
This makes no sense. Seriously come on. The iphone is a proven high demand phone that Apple could easily anticipate the high volume of devices needed. The Nexus 4 was a complete surprise in terms of demand, so to compare the delivery of a device that has been out for some time with a proven sales history makes no sense.

Your entitled to your own opinion , but business is business. I'm starting to believe that Google isn't the same company people or customers think. In all honesty I think Google acts and thinks there God with a small g, and they don't really care about you or me.
If google would care they would offer something , example free shipping. They didn't offer anything to me and most customers here in this forum ( I may be wrong but i don't think so)

my two cents

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Your entitled to your own opinion , but business is business. I'm starting to believe that Google isn't the same company people or customers think. In all honesty I think Google acts and thinks there God with a small g, and they don't really care about you or me.
If google would care they would offer something , example free shipping. They didn't offer anything to me and most customers here in this forum ( I may be wrong but i don't think so)

my two cents

Once again, sorry to be disagreeing :eek: but Google has been offering free shipping to any order that arrives after the original date. You just have to ask. I ordered my N4 and received it exactly when promised. It was in fact earlier than stated as it was for many people who received their phones on this thread.

And for what it's worth Google has nothing to do with the delay. They have stated that LG is the delay.

Last edited:

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Once again, sorry to be disagreeing :eek: but Google has been offering free shipping to an order that arrives after the original date.

And for what it's worth Google has nothing to do with the delay. They have stated that LG is the delay. But it's no different than going to Amazon and wanting to buy something that is sold out. Supply and demand have been around for a long time and Apple has also had their share of issues with shipping product. Even with the iPhone 5.

And for what it's worth I do sympathize with your situation but supply and demand dictate availability. Everyone wants the Nexus 4 for a reason. It has nothing to do with Google trying to stick it to you. You can go to Amazon and have the same problem trying to order something that is sold out. And furthermore, Apple is no stranger to low stock for high demand products. The iphone 5 included.