A day of moderate usage

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I decided to test my N4's battery out today to see how long it could truly last, as most day's it's on airplane mode not being used for 7 hours. I'm running stock 4.2.2. Here are some screenshots to give you an idea of how long it can last. They include the main battery information, the battery discharge graph, my screen time, the screen brightness (constant throughout usage), my data usage on Wi-Fi (didn't use mobile data today), and two screenshots of RAM usage by user and system processes, respectively.

Attachments

• battery_screen.png
    battery_screen.png
    158.8 KB · Views: 61
  • battery_discharge.png
    battery_discharge.png
    124.1 KB · Views: 66
  • screen_time.png
    screen_time.png
    98.4 KB · Views: 66
  • brightness.png
    brightness.png
    86.1 KB · Views: 66
  • wifi_usage_2.png
    wifi_usage_2.png
    138.6 KB · Views: 63
  • tasks_user.png
    tasks_user.png
    157 KB · Views: 63
  • tasks_system.png
    tasks_system.png
    146.3 KB · Views: 62

TRSpeed3

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
Doesn't look to bad, that's about what I'm getting. Yesterday I had 4:20 Screen on time, I had +17H on battery and had 22% battery left. My usage for they day was pretty carzy I was playing several games, texting, a couple hours of talk time, and tons of browsing.

Last night I installed the Qualcomm BatteryGuru, we'll see if this makes any difference. I must be one of the lucky ones in terms of battery, either that or I monitor my software :D

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Doesn't look to bad, that's about what I'm getting. Yesterday I had 4:20 Screen on time, I had +17H on battery and had 22% battery left. My usage for they day was pretty carzy I was playing several games, texting, a couple hours of talk time, and tons of browsing.

Last night I installed the Qualcomm BatteryGuru, we'll see if this makes any difference. I must be one of the lucky ones in terms of battery, either that or I monitor my software :D
I get 3 hours on screen texting, browsing and using apps.not games.
You really are lucky.

parfay

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
I browse a lot, use Facebook a lot, play the odd few games through the day, txt a bit and use voice calls for around 20 mins and I still got enough battery usually to see me through to the next morning (take off charge around 9 am)

This is one of the best performance batteries I've had. Although I do close all apps I still keep roaming on for Google now and social network notifications.

Totally stock too, no battery apps

MarkDallton

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
I have not had any battery performance issues too, no battery apps like juice defender installed and I get through the day easily with moderate to heavy usage. One of the better performing batteries I have had.

mset

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
I'm not doing quite as well, but close enough that I've only run out of juice once in 45 days with the phone. However, your screen brightness seems a lot lower than most people, so that's going to account for some of the discrepancy other folks are mentioning. Also, no mobile data will save juice as well.

Many people are out and about on mobile data and have brighter screens. They won't be able to match these stats.

Bottom line is that the battery life doesn't compare to my (mildly hated, never going back to it) iPhone 4. Like I said, though, it's working out pretty well and any situation in which I run low will be a work day where I'll have a chance to top up in the car.

Battery situation is far outweighed by all the other pluses.

Last edited:

ConTejas

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
I think most of you aren't noticing he has about 50% of battery left with that usage/SOT. I'm not stock, but I have no problem getting a day+ and 3.5+hours SOT. Auto brightnest (with light sensor ramped up via AOKP settings...so brighter than stock at each value), data/wifi/gps/bt on, and syncing everything. So fo me, battery is a non issue, and my device gets better battery than 99% of smartphones in existance. Probably a minor exaggeration, but not by much :D If you're really into battery, you want to look into kernels. I do it for the performance benefits, screen calibration, etc, but battery is a major focus of any decent kernel dev as well.

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
I think most of you aren't noticing he has about 50% of battery left with that usage/SOT. I'm not stock, but I have no problem getting a day+ and 3.5+hours SOT. Auto brightnest (with light sensor ramped up via AOKP settings...so brighter than stock at each value), data/wifi/gps/bt on, and syncing everything. So fo me, battery is a non issue, and my device gets better battery than 99% of smartphones in existance. Probably a minor exaggeration, but not by much :D If you're really into battery, you want to look into kernels. I do it for the performance benefits, screen calibration, etc, but battery is a major focus of any decent kernel dev as well.

How can I use Franco kernel M2, to help with better battery life?

Posted via Android Central App using my Nexus 4

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa