Display brightness...

danielcj

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
So I'm now in sunny San Diego and noticed that my n4 display is pretty dim in sunlight. To the point that it is quite hard to see. I have brightness set to maximum. Is this normal? Coming from Portland Oregon this hasn't really been an issue. My old bold 9900 was just fine in full sunlight.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

John-Smith

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
The other day my gf who also has a N4 was out taking pictures with her phone and she couldn't see anything and kept saying that her screen looked black and that she could see everything on the screen of her friends iPhone. I was just out the other day on a very bright Miami day and tried taking a few pictures with my N4 and noticed too that I couldn't see crap, even with 100% brightness...

How can I fix this?

codeda

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I live in orange county and with our intense, no cloud sun, it makes it hard to see outside. Better than. My s3 was but I still have to put the brightness on max and cup the phone with my hand to see it.

Rizy7

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I think Im now convinced that the auto brightness on the nexus 4 isnt set correctly (I have even adjusted the auto brightness values to be at a higher brightness). Today while sitting near 3 or 4 people with iPhones, their displays looked very bright and I could see their screen from a distance. To me my nexus looked very dim. Even a blackberry screen looked very bright compared to my phone.

danielcj

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Good I'm glad I'm not the only one with this problem. I usually have my auto brightness on but I think when I go outside the software doesn't correctly compensate. It might be a bug.

Fairclough

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
It is a bit funny, but our max brightness is brighter then the iphone 4 atleast according to my sister and her husband who are iphone users (soon s4)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38