Battery Life on Nexus 4 after 4.3 update?

furyoflight1029

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
I noticed the battery temperature gets hotter when the brightness is increased. At home I usually keep brightness below 10%, which is really bright already(0% is way too bright when viewing at night). The battery life last much longer if the battery temperature is kept low. Chrome might not be the lightest browser, though i prefer it over others. I used to use dolphin browser as you can see, but after 4.3 it seems to be more choppy and now i'm back to chrome. Basically, try your best to keep your battery temperature low.

PcNy

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
Android OS wakelock revisited

Screenshot_2013-08-19-20-01-10.png
Screenshot_2013-08-19-20-02-21.png

Fred Keezer

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
I noticed a slight improvement, but it think the real issue that may be plagueing a lot of nexus 4 users is permissions managment of apps. I noticed that after i downloaded the permissions manger app that is simply a way to access the new 4.3 application manager that has not been opened yet, i was able to shut down a boat load of apps like USPS and others that want constant location information and access to my phone records and sms records etc...there are a lot of apps that dont need most of these permissions, and this new app allows you to turn off or keep on just the essentials. So that has helped tremendously. I then bought the ZeroLEmon Juicer battery case and mated my nexus 4 with it, this over doubles your battery life because it is adding a second battery in series to your integrated battery. Most people dont like it because it is so huge, double the thickness and a little added length. I put a review on amazon with details, but got 27 hours of moderate use on the two with jellybean 4.3 update...

Roberto Robson

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
The solution is very simples, that is not GPS ou Location Services, but It is the new feature Voice Recognize from Google Now.

You have to disable in Google Now > Settings > Voice > Hotword detection.
This feature turn on the mic all time and try recognize your voice to do a action.

Just disable that, and the battery will take a good life duration
That is the solution. Trust me. I already tested It and my battery up to 40 hours

Naquedon

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
I have Google Now totally disabled and I'm still having problems. Before 4.3 I was leaving work with around 50% battery, now I'm lucky to make it to lunch time with 50% and that's with the same (if not less) usage.

PcNy

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
I don't usually use 3G. I wanna ask how many % of battery you lose while standing by with 3G.
I personally tried enabling 3G for an hour (idling most of the time) and lost about 8%.

DeadpoolJunior

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
The solution is very simples, that is not GPS ou Location Services, but It is the new feature Voice Recognize from Google Now.

You have to disable in Google Now > Settings > Voice > Hotword detection.
This feature turn on the mic all time and try recognize your voice to do a action.

Just disable that, and the battery will take a good life duration
That is the solution. Trust me. I already tested It and my battery up to 40 hours

It will not turn on the mic all the time, it'll only turn it on when you have Google Now opened to detect if you say "Google" to start a search. I disabled that and noticed no discernable difference. Either placebo for you or something else but I doubt that's the key culprit.

Posted via Android Central App

mr_nobody

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
I use the orb (and only the orb) and have never seen that wakelock. I've seen nlpcollector (so I disable location services) and a couple times android os battery drain (solved by rebooting the phone).

mattopotamus

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I use the orb (and only the orb) and have never seen that wakelock. I've seen nlpcollector (so I disable location services) and a couple times android os battery drain (solved by rebooting the phone).

I didn't get that wakelock, but the day I stopped using the orb is the day my battery drastically improved. I still have 70% battery with 9h46min off.

CaMelGuY1337

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm with you guys. At first I didn't think battery life took a hit on my N7, but boy was I wrong. My stand by life has dropped from around 8 days to around a day and a half.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

toineg58

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
I have found that if you put the phone in airplane mode at night when not in use it retains battery life much bettter. It seems to stop apps as well as other functions from draining your battery overnight. It's like logging off of a pc to clear cached apps and temp files. It even seems to get about 10 to 15% more battery life. Try it and let me know if it helped.:cool:
Ps. I have never gone 8 days with any phone without charging it. Aint seen nothin that good.lol

toineg58

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
I currently have 4.3 on my nexus and it works fine. But nlnow I have received a request for another update. Has anyone else had issues with the additional update. I don't want to tryitry it until I'm sure kt won't mess up my unit.

mattopotamus

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I currently have 4.3 on my nexus and it works fine. But nlnow I have received a request for another update. Has anyone else had issues with the additional update. I don't want to tryitry it until I'm sure kt won't mess up my unit.

I believe that is a security update and I have not seen a single report of it causing issues. I had problems with the initial 4.3 update and nothing went wrong with the new 4.3 update.