Lose Music Added through All Access if Canceled?

DeadpoolJunior

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I searched and didn't see the answer anywhere. Only one person vaguely answered this for me so let's try again.

I've been using All Access for about a month and a half. Started the 30 day trial, added a ton of songs, Google tried to bill my account but it used the wrong card and it didn't go through. Lost all access and with it, all the songs I added while on all access. Sorted my card info, payment went through (luckily the original $7.99), all my songs came back.

This is the question I have: if I cancel all access at this point, will I lose all the songs I've added through all access? I understand taking the songs away after the trial so ppl don't just add thousands of songs for the trial and then cancel it without paying anything. But will this be the case even if I've paid for it? I read that when you cancel the service will still stay until the billing date. But afterwards, do I lose all my music that I've gained through the service? Don't know if I wanna use all access forever though it's a great service.

Posted via Android Central App

jaredsutter

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Yes, like any other subscription music service, you do not have permanent access to any music unless you purchase it outright. If you stop paying for your subscription, you will lose access to any songs that you do not "own."

DeadpoolJunior

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Yes, like any other subscription music service, you do not have permanent access to any music unless you purchase it outright. If you stop paying for your subscription, you will lose access to any songs that you do not "own."

So, if I've already paid for and used lets say 2 months of the service and downloaded 500 songs, when I cancel it I will lose all 500 songs I've downloaded in that time?

jaredsutter

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
So, if I've already paid for and used lets say 2 months of the service and downloaded 500 songs, when I cancel it I will lose all 500 songs I've downloaded in that time?

Yeah, you're paying for the right to access the songs during your subscription period only, not to keep a copy of the songs forever.

Microsoft used to offer a Zune subscription service that gave you the right to permanently download a certain number of songs each month that you could keep forever, as well as listen to any available music as long as you kept the subscription. Unfortunately, Google isn't offering that.